At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity
Deal Advisory is one of the three practice areas within Advisory. It consists of the following service lines: (i) mergers and acquisitions; (ii) debt and equity financing; (iii) restructuring; (iv) public and infrastructure finance; (v) valuations and fairness opinions; and (vi) transaction services.
This position involves advising public and private businesses operating in various industries on deal advisory issues. As a Senior Consultant, you will work on a variety of assignments with a higher concentration in the area of valuations. You will work closely with senior investment professionals and will be exposed to the senior management of clients in a wide variety of industry sectors. What you will do
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
What you bring to the role
- Advancing multiple engagements and successfully completing client deliverables on time.
- Reviewing business plans, financial statements, agreements, CIMs, etc.
- Financial analysis.
- Financial model building and review.
- Industry and economic research.
- Thinking creatively to find solutions to unusual client circumstances.
- Report writing and editing, including the preparation of tables and graphs
The successful candidate will have the following skills, behaviours and experience:
Keys to your success:
- Canadian CPA, CA designation or Masters in Finance will be considered an asset.
- Enrolled, or willing to enroll in the CBV program with a view to obtaining the CBV designation.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keen interest in learning about and working with valuation concepts and techniques such as WACC, CAPM, discounting cash flows, earnings multiples, etc.
- Robust ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) with demonstrated modelling abilities in Excel.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .