At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Within KPMG's Transaction Services practice, our Deal Advisory professionals collaborate and provide financial due diligence services on behalf of our clients to help drive value from M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) with a forward-thinking approach to deal planning.
Learn more about KPMG's Transaction Services practice here and careers in Deal Advisory h e re .
Are you a talented mentor with a proven track record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional client service?
Our Deal Advisory, Transaction Services team in Toronto is looking for a professional like you with the skills and drive to make a real difference. As Manager, Financial Due Diligence, you will collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams and provide a range of transaction support and financial due diligence services on behalf of our clients. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Co-coordinate financial due diligence and provide M&A transaction support and advisory services to our clients
- Interpret and examine information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
- Review historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts, and underlying assumptions
- Review the adequacy of financing structure, including review of agreements and consideration of limits, terms, and covenants
- Evaluate potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations
- Report potential key issues for our clients, including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions
- Review sale and purchase agreements and financial model to reflect findings of the due diligence process
- Mentor and coach high performing junior team members
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
- Must have a CPA or equivalent designation
- 2 + years of Transactional Services experience
- Demonstrated accounting experience in a consulting and/or corporate environment including:
- Financial due diligence, M&A analysis and report writing
- Identification of issues and factors impacting valuations
- Financial statement interpretation and analysis, including an understanding of the application of and compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Experience reviewing target projects and formulating deal rationale and strategy
- Demonstrated ability in p roject diagnosis, solution development, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team influence
- Ability to effectively coach, develop and manage junior high performing engagement teams, deliver full cycle projects simultaneously and client deliverables
- Exc ellent verbal and written communications s kills (e.g., report writing and presentation skills) to assist in preparing pitch documents e.g., proposals and presentations.
- Solid investigative skills and attention to detail
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .