Join our team of intelligent and collaborative Changemakers and make your mark on tomorrow!
This role will see you grow into a leader, thereby enhancing your capabilities and the reputation of WSP's Mine Engineering & Stability team. You will collaborate with talented and diverse professionals while leading and managing the delivery of open pit and underground mine geotechnical services projects.
Our Mining team helps clients optimize performance, boost profitability, and operate responsibly. We have a comprehensive understanding of the mining industry and current issues including decarbonization and understand future ready strategies are critical to countering these issues, capitalizing on opportunities, and adding value to businesses. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSP #globalminingA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture ofInclusionandBelonging
- OurFlexible Work Policy- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- OurHybrid Work Policy- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- ACanadiansuccess story - we'reproudto wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhancethe world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstandingcareer opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open toyourideas and tryingnewthings.
- A phenomenalcollaborativeculture and a workforce filled with genuinelygood peoplewho are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Participate and leading delivery of open pit and underground mine geotechnical services projects;
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle (proposal, contract, scope of work, technical quality and senior review) and consulting with appropriate peers;
- Delivering technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions to clients which meet time, budget, quality and safety requirements;
- Statistical analyses and interpretation of drill and laboratory data to characterise material properties for use in geotechnical design;
- Identification and management of geotechnical hazards;
- Stability analyses and material characterization;
- Review and assess designs in 3D modelling packages.
- Liaise with a rangeofkey internal and external stakeholders on geological and geotechnical aspects of projects; and
- Actively mentoring and coaching of junior staff across the business in the interests of their long-term career objectives
- Bachelor degree or similar in engineering or science and a postgraduate qualification in rock mechanics or geotechnical engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario or Quebec
- 5 to 10 years of consulting experience in rock mechanics. Relevant industry experiences are considered an asset.
- Fantastic analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to build relationships with client
- Experience with Rocscience software suite; and
- Demonstrable experience in development of geotechnical models and preparation of geotechnical reports.