We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.The Opportunity:
WSP is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Ground Engineering West Group at the London location. The roles and responsibilities will entail a combination of technical work and involvement in developing our ground engineering business including proposal writing, technical report preparation, senior technical review and client development.
The successful candidate will be part of a multifaceted geotechnical group working with multi-disciplinary staff (i.e., foundations, pavements, waste management, environmental, etc.) and in various market sectors (i.e., highway and rail infrastructure, municipal development, commercial development, etc.). Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Serve as a technical resource in the ground engineering business across the life cycle of project work: problem definition, solution development, testing, engineering, commissioning and operations support;
- Serve as bench strength for project development and delivery (proposals, project management, client relations, team development and training);
- Work to build relationships with other WSP staff around the company, through constructive engagement and collaboration;
- Work to build business opportunities with other WSP staff around the company;
- Contribute to a rewarding and collaborative work atmosphere in the office and remotely, and to engaging junior and intermediate staff in all disciplines;
- Contribute to a culture of health, safety and protection of the environment by being a role model to junior and new staff and by giving industry and site perspectives to inexperienced staff which are crucial to make safety and contribute to the development, streamlining and automation of safety related documentation;
- Develop an understanding of our client's needs and delivering high quality service to ensure client satisfaction;
- Function as a key participant in team and client meetings;
- Help develop and participate in strong interoffice and intercompany teams to achieve project goals;
- Recognize areas for internal improvement and working with other senior colleagues to develop these improvements;
- Minimize our exposure and risk across projects;
- Mentor colleagues in the group in the technical area of ground engineering and mentor colleagues of all disciplines around consulting and business development; and,
- Help identify partnership opportunities and capitalize on "add-on" opportunities within existing projects and new clients.
- Bachelor's or post-graduate degree in Geotechnical (Civil or Geological) Engineering;
- 10+ years of relevant working experience since graduation;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario or elsewhere in Canada;
- People skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment;
- Interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills;
- A "Safety-First" focus and act as a role model to other staff;
- Leadership skills;
- A high standard of behavior to uphold WSP's reputation and demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values; and,
- Valid driver's license.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.