Writer- Italian OMNI News
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a full time writer able to find and develop original and compelling story ideas to help us bring to the Italian Canadian community all over Canada stories and contents that matters the most.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Pitch fresh and original stories
- Edit, report and voice stories for both our newscast and digital media
- Organize material and write engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Interview politicians, experts and people within the Italian Canadian community all over the country
- Translate and repackage stories by many news sources
- Generate compelling story ideas and knowledgeable contacts and respond to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Generating compelling multi-media content
- Be fluent in social media trends with personal accounts and the knowledge to use it to generate stories and ideas
- Host the newscast, becoming one of the faces of our news and helping us create a strong and enduring relationship with our viewers.
- Help us build an even more reliable and appealing National newscast, which will also reflect our diverse and growing communities
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Proven experience in journalism and media
- Ability to work in a group and in a fast and dynamic environment
- Proven experience generating powerful, compelling and original stories
- Ability to understand multi-platform coverage
- Knowledge of the cultural and political landscape in Toronto and Canada
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to consistently generate original content ideas
- Availability to work on weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be fluent in Italian, oral and written, but also with a professional proficiency in English, oral and written
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 269659
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications