Line of Service
ManagerJob Description & Summary
A career within Workday Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients leverage Workday technology as a tool to enhance and unify Human Resources, talent management, and finance. We focus on understanding the forces shaping their business and developing industry tailored solutions that support our clients through the entire lifecycle of the Workday implementation.Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Workday Financial Management Consulting Manager , you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Acting as a Lead and Architect on Workday Implementations:
• Lead and architect functional configuration in Workday in the Record to Report areas (Foundation Data Model/Chart of Accounts, Financial Accounting, Reporting, Budgeting and Asset Management).
• Work cross functionally with consultants and client leads in Human Capital Management, Payroll, Operational Finance, Planning and Technical project teams, as well as Risk Controls, Tax and Finance Transformation consultants to deliver solutions that have a holistic view of a client's business.
• Identify, address and document client needs throughout a project, including scope management and addressing risks and issues as they arise.
• Configure and test Workday solution based on client requirements, with the support of consultants and offshore teams where applicable.
• Troubleshoot and resolve testing errors and issues in configuration, business processes, data conversion and documentation.
• Assist our clients with understanding data conversion requirements and the overall cutover process.
• Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making throughout the project.
Go Beyond System Implementation to Enable Trust and Sustained Outcomes:
• Understand a client's finance and accounting processes to identify improvement opportunities in the Record to Report area: close and consolidation; internal and external reporting, general ledger/chart of accounts design, financial performance management.
• Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
• Simplify processes where applicable to align with Workday capabilities to improve reliability, controls, and traceability of a client's financial records, recommending leading practices where appropriate.
• Facilitate knowledge transfer throughout the project.
• Participate in proposals and business development initiatives.
• Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
Own Your Development and Work with Others:
• Maintain Workday certifications and all required training up to date.
• Develop new skills outside of your comfort zone.
• Coach others, recognize their strengths and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
Workday and/or Financials ERP Experience:
• Workday certification in Record to Report is considered an asset.
• Proven experience in deploying Foundation Data Model, Financial Accounting, Financial Budgets, Business Assets and Financial Reporting functionalities.
• Previous hands-on experience with ERP systems, including SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, JDE, Microsoft Dynamics and NetSuite, with a solid understanding of an ERP implementation methodology.
• Experience deploying multiple Finance ERP projects simultaneously is a plus.
Your Finance Related Experience:
• Thorough knowledge and success in roles advising global organizations on improving efficiency and effectiveness in transaction processing, close and consolidation, budgeting and forecasting, and internal and external reporting.
• Understanding of process improvement, chart of accounts design/management, and applications of at least one of the following focus areas: shared service and outsourcing, finance transformation, performance management, financial systems optimization, managerial cost accounting, financial modeling and industry systems/processes.
• Industry knowledge of financial services, healthcare and/or public sector is an asset.
• Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA) is an asset.
Your Openness to New Ideas, Methods of Working, and Developing Teams:
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends.
• An openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard.
• Being able to work as a team as well as independently.
• Superior detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills.
• Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
• Ability to effectively manage based on timelines, budgets and goals.
Your Great Communication Skills:
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people and individuals at various levels within the organization, including system end users, Controllers, Finance Executives and Chief Financial or Technology Officers.
• Experience leading client workshops in person, virtually and in hybrid work environments.
• Creation and validation of documentation and training materials suited to trainers and end users.
• Knowledge transfer to clients and training of super users.
•Fluent in French and English would be an asset.
• Travel: This position will require some travel (up to 25%) Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Be a part of The New Equation.
Chez PwC Canada, notre atout le plus précieux, c'est notre personnel. Et c'est en apprenant les uns des autres que nous devenons plus forts. Nous avons à cœur de créer une communauté équitable et inclusive de professionnels de la résolution de problèmes, dans laquelle chacun se sent vraiment à sa place. Nous savons que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et, pour nous, donner confiance au public et résoudre des problèmes importants n'est possible que si notre milieu de travail reflète la diversité de la société dans laquelle nous vivons.
Nous tenons à répondre à vos besoins tout au long du processus de demande d'emploi, d'entrevue et d'embauche. Si vous avez besoin de mesures d'adaptation pour être parfaitement à l'aise, faites-le-nous savoir à l'étape de la demande d'emploi.
Pour en savoir plus sur l'inclusion et la diversité chez PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/fr/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Faites partie de La Nouvelle équation.