PURPOSE OF JOB
To sort packaged orders ready for delivery by route and load CEXP delivery vehicles. Reports to Warehouse 2 nd Shift Supervisor or Lead. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Check for sorting errors and report to supervisor. • Sort packaged orders by customer and route. • Load orders into delivery trucks • Operate warehouse equipment safely and efficiently. • Tidy up shipping and receiving area on regular basis. • As required, start delivery trucks in cold weather to ensure they will run smoothly and to check for possible mechanical problems. • Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor. • Work cooperatively with peers and other departments. • The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Good interpersonal and communication skills. • Willingness to take direction. • Ability to understand digit coding and text • Must be a team player. PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work in a warehouse environment. • Work within time constraints in a fast paced environment. • Ability to lift and move packages and parcels up to 70 lbs. BUDGET ACCOUNTABILITY RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS Experience:
• Previous warehouse experience an asset. Education:
• Minimum grade 12 education preferred.
Transportation and Warehousing