Warehouse Associate- Distribution center
Reference ID: 828381
Transportation and Warehousing
Best Buy Canada is looking to hire Seasonal Warehouse Associates
What does a Best Buy Distribution Centre Warehouse Associates do?
As a Warehouse Associate, you will facilitate moving product throughout the distribution center through use of equipment in areas such as Receiving, Stocking, Shipping, Order Processing and Replenishment. Your responsibilities will include operating equipment in a safe manner, while making sure that you are maintaining a safe and clean working area and ensuring that our product is in perfect condition to sell to our customers. The responsibilities listed below are encompassing of a General Warehouse Worker but may vary by departmental assignment
General Job Duties
• Unload and process receipt of merchandise from inbound trucks
• Stocks merchandise that has been received into specific designated locations
• Process all orders by locating specified product and moving product to the loading dock
• Packs smaller products into larger containers for shipment to stores
• Loads merchandise onto trucks for shipment to company locations
• Maintains a clean work area by removing empty pallets, sweeping and cleaning up boxes and other debris
• Must be able to pass all applicable certification and driving requirements to become licensed for operating equipment in the Warehouse
What are the professional requirements of a Best Buy Warehouse Associate ?
• Able to individually lift and maneuver 50 lbs frequently and repetitively
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be able to work till December, 2018
• Must have safety shoes
Best Buy Canada is one of the largest Omni-channel retailers of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, related accessories, and services in Canada.
Our 1,000,000-square-foot Brampton Distribution Service Centre services 94 Best Buy stores, 30 Best Buy Mobile, 10 Express, & Ecommerce across Eastern Canada. Divided into two sides Geek Squad City and Services -- we move inventory between our vendors and stores, and repair products we carry in store. With over 322 Associates, 50 Lane Sortation System, and 120 pieces of machinery, our Brampton DSC is well-equipped to process all inventory for Eastern Canada.
Located in Brampton, Ontario our Distribution Service Centre boasts an unbeatable atmosphere with two on-site cafeteria stocked with video game consoles, a foosball table, pin-pong table, and various vending machines. Nearby, there are popular restaurants, a mall, banks, and grocery stores, putting you in a hub of activity.
Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY). Best Buy Enterprise is a multinational retailer of technology, entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are a truly global company with approximately 140,000 employees across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates billions of dollars in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy; Best Buy Mobile; Geek Squad, Magnolia Audio Video; and Pacific Sales.
Posted: August 17, 2018
Closes: October 9, 2018