At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.Job Description
At Teledyne FLIR - Waterloo, we are a global leader in high-performance, high-reliability, small unmanned aircraft (drones) for commercial, government, defense and military. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks - safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Join us on our journey and find out what it's like to work at a company that's saving lives and livelihoods all over the world. See our people in action here !Job Summary
We are looking to hire a highly talented Video Pipeline Software Developer
who will focus on the development of features and services for the video pipeline. Cameras and the imaging they deliver are core to why customers use our systems and solutions. Cameras are the means by which imaging data is acquired and used. We want a developer who has gained specific experience transmitting and receiving live video and pictures through a reliable, variable speed wireless link and while doing this ensuring the highest quality the link allows.
As a Video Pipeline Software Developer
your responsibilities will include:
- Architecting and developing software in C and C++ for our video pipeline to be the best in its class in the industry
- Develop drivers for various cameras and image sensors
- Optimize transmission methods to dynamically encode video at the available throughput
- Ensuring proper test cases are in place so that bugs introduced are found quickly through automated regression tests
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Experience in C and C++ programming
- Experience with gstreamer and video compression codecs
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable and confident explaining problems to both hardware and software teams
- Eligible to be certified to examine, possess, and transfer items under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and legally authorized to work in Canada
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Teledyne FLIR is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please call (519) 489-6726
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology