159313 Cost Centre:
PAYMENT OPERATIONS Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Purpose
The Vice President, Strategic Initiatives - Payments, International Banking provides strategic direction, leadership and oversight for Payment Integrations & Transformations for Payment Operations within the Global Operations Group supporting both Canada and International Banking. The position is responsible for ensuring business strategies, plans and portfolio integrations are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures for all issuer and acquirer functions.
- Provides delivery leadership and decision support for Payment Integrations and Payment Transformation initiatives including business scoping and strategy alignment, integration readiness, operations readiness and change management.
- Owns overall planning and resourcing for payment integrations/transformations working in conjunction with ICO, Technology, Global Operations, Retail Product, Data Security and local management teams.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Sponsors development and socialization of Scotiabank's position and messaging on key payment processing issue to drive consistency, reduce operational complexity and reduce overall costs of servicing.
- Leads socialization and awareness of payments transformation initiatives (and corresponding high-level design concepts/principals, long term business benefits and alignment) with payments-impacted business leaders across the enterprise.
- Liaises with executive/leaders across impacted areas/LOB's to assess impact and working with key partners to, where needed, drive alignment/mitigation where needed
- Drives alignment and choreography of payment integration and transformation work streams, working with key business partners to ensure BAU and planned initiatives are adequately managed.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Education / Experience
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
The successful candidate will bring previous in-depth Payments Operations experience combined with an IT background in addition to:
- P rior experience in P ayments Transformation and IT C hange M anagement;
- Familiar with Payment Processing Systems;
- A ble to interface, train, manage and motivate internal teams;
- Well developed relationship management skills to work effectively with senior leaders, peers , colleagues and stakeholders;
- Act as an a mbassador for the Bank with external support partners.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Compliance, Risk Management, Relationship Manager, Finance, Legal, Customer Service
Banking, Finance and Insurance