100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarkets
Assists in the sourcing, structuring and portfolio management of a variety of risk management and credit portfolio management tools in line with the Risk & Capital Solutions mandate and Capital Markets strategy. Offers a full spectrum of integrated capabilities to deliver leading market insight, risk management, and execution services to internal businesses and investor clients. As a team member, interacts with Management across BMO and BMO Capital Markets, and all strategic product areas in supporting the senior professionals in developing the most appropriate risk hedging and capital optimization transactions, pitches to clients, and winning new mandates. These efforts have significant financial implications to clients and to the Business Unit as well as the overall growth of the business.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and leverages relationships across businesses, senior leaders and clients to foster and support coordination.
- Uses analytical skills (probability, statistical inference, etc.) and applies appropriate technical concepts and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports/analyses to support client deliverables.
- Develops and maintains financial models and databases.
- Develop high quality presentations for and support interactions with CM management, potential investors and hedging / insurance counterparties.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of and proficiency in using all required systems and models (including LTS/APMS, IDP/CDM, Adaptiv, TraderEH).
- Helps colleagues with the presentation of information and preparation of proposals for their review.
- Assists colleagues in the research and resolution of administrative/operational issues.
- Understands the complexity of transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal / compliance, etc.).
- Responds to inquiries from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community in a professional manner and determines acceptable solutions.
- Understands the needs of clients (internal and external) and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations and deliver an outstanding client experience.
- Develops strong market knowledge to provide comprehensive service to clients, develop new solutions, and construct compelling recommendations.
- Uses good judgement in meetings/speaks up with ideas/communicates ideas effectively/asks good questions.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service to internal and external clients and acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains fluency with corporate policies, Bank Capital rules and Capital relief techniques. Additional knowledge of Insurance capital rules also beneficial.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents in order to better serve client needs.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- 6 - 7 years of relevant experience at a financial institution in Capital Markets with emphasis on Investment and Corporate Banking, Trading Products, Private Credit, Structured Credit, Regulatory Capital, Funding Management or Credit Portfolio Management.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Mathematics/Statistics
- CFA / FRM would be an asset.
- Deep knowledge of US, Canadian and International corporate finance and credit markets (e.g. lending, private credit, structured credit) including investment banking, lending practices, syndication / origination process, credit documentation, lending operations and regulatory best practices
- Previous exposure to deal structuring or credit portfolio management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of credit and capital management issues and industry trends in various client sectors throughout the US, Canadian and International market.
- Demonstrated high performance in previous portfolio management and/or structuring roles
- Strong sense of intellectual curiosity
- Able to deliver clear, effective communication and take responsibility for understanding others
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgement and adapt to new tasks with little notice
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities working in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- Strong focus on meeting client needs
- Able to excel in a team environment
- Strong risk management skills, fundamental analysis skills and leadership abilities
We're here to help
- Solid financial modelling and data management abilities
- Demonstrates solid deal/transaction execution and project management skills.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Must successfully complete external regulatory exams and licensing requirements, as determined by the Managing Director & Head.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians