WSP has shifted to a Collaborative Structure, reflecting a matrix organization between Sectors and Regions that facilitates organic growth and allows us to concentrate on delivering on our client commitments with an innovative mindset, on time, on budget, safely, and ethically.
Adding this stronger regional perspective to our organization, where we will make our full range of capabilities and services available to our clients locally, will allow us to draw on our deep expertise present in other parts of the country, as well as elsewhere in the world.
Reporting to the Regional Executive Leader, Ontario and Atlantic Canada as the Vice President of Regional Strategic Growth and Business Development you will collaborate with the Sectors to support profitable organic growth and strategic sales collaboration in the Region.
As Vice President of Regional Strategic Growth and Business Development you will lead collaboratively with the Sector Leaders and key company stakeholders, while responsible for the creation and execution of the business development strategy with a growth focus in the Region.Why WSP?
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAre WSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- You'll provide overall sales management for the Region including all Sectors and sub-sectors and work closely with the Regional Executive for the development and execution of business in the Region.
- You'll lead a collaborative and integrated BD strategy with business lines to optimize our go to market strategy
- You'll oversee the identification and management of strategic pursuits, key accounts and target market sectors and identify opportunities for organic growth and leads initiatives for near- and long-term priorities.
- You'll lead positioning for future opportunities and provide leadership on select major pursuits
- You'll review trends, and feedback from market at large to maximize opportunities for emerging client priorities and builds relationships with key clients, industry organizations, teaming partners, and stakeholders to identify opportunities and growth for the business
- You'll be responsible for distinct geographical BD awareness, integration, and cross-selling, and supporting Local Market Engagement teams
- You'll attend corporate and industry events and represent WSP
- Around ten or more years of related experience in a similar role, as well as an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the opportunity
- Progressive business development experience with a proven track record of developing business with existing and new clients, as well as experience in interfacing with municipal, provincial, and federal agencies, and the private sector
- You excel within a collaborative matrix management model in influencing senior leaders
- You have the confidence to influence a high caliber team to drive a business to higher performance levels and seize the opportunities presented internally and, in the market
- You have experience in client account management teams and creating 'zipper plans' with strategic clients
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Sales and Marketing