1127 Barton Street
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Provides financial and investment planning and advice to deliver a solution in the best interests of the customer. Determines client needs and provides solutions though the sales of managed products and services (e.g. mutual funds, retirement savings plans, and similar products). Provides other solutions indirectly through referrals to business partners.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Develops internal and external networks and referral sources to grow business in the assigned portfolio / jurisdiction.
- Oversees the implementation and delivery of business development strategies and sales initiatives.
- Enhances presence in the marketplace by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to create integrated business development strategies.
- Implements business development strategies to acquire new business (e.g. outbound calling campaigns, conducting seminars) and cultivate branch employee referrals.
- Identifies opportunities during customer conversations to generate referrals for personal and commercial banking products (e.g. personal banking, lending, and investments).
- Supports the achievement of sales and performance targets.
- Ensures the execution of relationship management activities to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Resolves or escalates issues to meet customer expectations in a timely manner.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business / group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Executes change management plans effectively to ensure focus on delivering business results.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Introduces clients to investment strategies and works with clients to develop a financial plan using appropriate guidance tools.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 7-10 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CFP designation preferred or one of the following:
- Personal Financial Planner (PFP) designation,
- Wealth Management Essentials (WME) + Financial Planning Supplement, Professional Financial Planning Course (PFPC),
- Financial Planning I & II (FP I & II).
- Canadian Securities Course - Licensed to sell mutual funds excluding QC or IQPF in Quebec.
- Expert business development experience with successful track record.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing