60 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Drives sales results to enhance the promotion of BMO Life Assurance product and services to managing general agencies (MGAs) and brokers. Shares feedback on the product, processes, etc. to internal stakeholders to ensure continual enhancement of the insurance offer.
We're here to help
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Develops and executes the national business plan and sales strategy, in alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Develops and executes the business development strategy, sales targets and the sales results for the assigned region.
- Builds sales and industry presentations and attends MGA conferences as speaker to represent BMO Life Assurance and build reputation in the market.
- Plays a leadership role in the industry to promote BMO Life Assurance.
- Provides input to the national sales strategy based on the potential in the assigned region.
- Analyzes the distribution network of managing general agencies (MGAs) and brokers to set contact and relationship priorities.
- Recruits new regional MGAs and brokers.
- Drives business development efforts and marketing plans of the sales team.
- Addresses escalated sales or relationship management issues to ensure the retention of the business and provides the necessary strategic thinking to resolve the issue for the benefit of the client and BMO Insurance
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Discusses sophisticated insurance concepts based on customer scenarios with MGAs and brokers to demonstrate the benefit of BMO Life Assurance products.
- Shares sophisticated insurance concept solutions to leverage success across the regional team.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Monitors sales results for MGAs to identify any issues and mitigate as effectively as possible.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Reviews sales client messaging to safeguard the organization and customer assets via established compliance and regulatory parameters.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Provides insurance quotations.
- Provides technical support on products, illustration software and other tools.
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation of tools and training required to deliver business results.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation, and management of core business/group processes.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Supports the achievement of the business plan within the designated region.
- Supports the delivery of the desired client experience to MGAs and brokers to enhance business opportunities.
- Collaborates effectively with internal stakeholders to build capability and drive business growth.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Life insurance license.
- Certified Financial Planner or other professional designation.
- Expert knowledge of insurance business, agencies and underwriting principles.
- Expert knowledge of financial concepts, including financial planning and financial understanding of insurance products.
- Expert knowledge of more advanced sales concepts in insurance, including corporate applications.
- Expert knowledge of mutual fund industry is an asset .
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing