Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.What will your typical day look like?
This Design Consultant (UX/UI), role sits within Deloitte Digital's Customer Service & Applied Design - Imagine team. You will play a key role in bridging the early stages of digital product development into delivery. This means you will be responsible for not only conceptualizing new digital products, but ensuring a seamless hand-off to our product design team (e.g. UX, UI, etc) who will begin development. This role will require you to be comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-pace environment as well as possessing a broad skill-set involving strategy & research, human-centred design, and rapid prototyping.
About the team
- Brings a product mindset to consulting, looking creatively at business and people problems to elevate the human experience.
- Can create user stories, personas and storyboards. Can create lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes,
- Ability to demonstrate design craft through polished deliverables that elevate our work.
- Appreciates and understands human-centred design and design research (and is able to execute) and is interested in learning/refining other primary research skills, frameworks and processes on the go.
- Conduct and lead customer interviews and research, demonstrating empathy for customers and seeking to understand underlying needs.
- Can identify, synthesize and communicate complex insights and analytics and showcase them visually and through the written word.
- Support in designing and facilitating engaging workshops with internal teams, clients, and other stakeholders to share and explore insights and generate new solutions.
- Is comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment and is willing to learn from - and teach - others.
Market Gravity, a Deloitte Business exists to bring the future forward, fast. We specialise in the journey from zero to one, from post-it to prototype, from imagining to delivering the future. At Deloitte Digital, we collaborate to bring that skillset to the full journey of business transformation, making big ideas real, fast, and we're looking for people like you to join us!
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, especially those who identify as Indigenous, Black, POC, Women, Persons with Disabilities, and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
This posting is for the Toronto, Canada office. For the time being, this role will be remote. We welcome candidates from across Canada. Enough about us, let's talk about you
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate these characteristics:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience as an UX/UI and/or visual designer and conducting research (e.g., design research, UX research, or market research)
- BA, BFA or equivalent in design, UX, UI or graphic design
- A passion for learning and a natural curiosity about humans and what they do, complemented by a theoretical grounding in human behavior
- Comfortable with typical qualitative methods (e.g., experience conducting interviews and ethnographic observations), ethical considerations, and project management
- Ability to distill qualitative insights into design recommendations, to tell stories about those recommendations in ways designers can use, but based on traditional qualitative analytical rigor
- The ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work
- Compelling written and spoken communication skills
- Strong planning, organization and documentation skills
- An interest in diverse perspectives and approaches, and the ability to quickly dive into a new domain or process
- Must be fluent and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be fluent in tools like Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Interest in codeless development tools like Webflow, etc.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production