About Design Systems at RBCRBC Digital Design has over 160 designers, we work with an even larger team of developers, product managers, and business stakeholders over 10 lines of business. This scale and complexity makes delivering a consistent, high quality experience for our customers a meaningful challenge.The Design Platform team facilitates the co-creation and documentation of the systems, tools and frameworks that enable design at scale. We put strategy, research, design principles, and technical innovation at the centre of everything we do to operationalize design at RBC. We need exceptional digital professionals to help bring our process to life. What will you do?As a UX Developer on the Design Platform Team, you will work with the team to collaboratively design, develop and test reusable patterns and components for use in digital products across RBC. You will also be responsible for consulting with other design teams and product groups to identify and solve for systems-level problems. You bridge the worlds of experience design with software development by bringing a systematic approach to everything you create. You enable teams to deliver best-in-class digital products that meet business objectives and solve actual problems for real customers. You are responsible for high quality user interface outputs that are built at a level that meet and exceed the expectations of both our engineering partners and our design peers. If you are a front-end developer who loves design, this might be the role for you!What you will work on: Operational and Systems Design
- Provide guidance to team members with advice and techniques to improve their knowledge of design systems and design operations.
- Inform best practices and design guidelines across the design organization from a technical lens and contribute to educational programs around systems thinking.
- Determine strategies for enabling the collection, refinement, governance and distribution of shared patterns and components.
- Contribute to the creation of reusable, flexible and accessible interface behaviours, components, utilities and libraries within Figma and as coded components in GitHub.
- Provide input on architecture of front-end software systems and organization of UI elements within a universal library that is used by hundreds of developers.
- Act as an advocate for client-centric design methods regarding design, code, execution and a single, shared RBC client experience.
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Work independently with key stakeholders to successfully create and reach consensus by the scheduled delivery date for projects and initiatives.
- Share insights and show thought leadership via presentations, lunch & learns, and other forms of written and oral communications within the Design team and across the bank.
- Facilitate complex design critique, evaluates designs for inclusivity and provides depth and breadth of expert advice and guidance to cross-functional teams.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), Systems Design / Human Factors Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in designing and developing usable interfaces across multiple channels and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate design strategy, rationale and logic; describing benefits and highlighting risks associated with design decisions
- Demonstrated expertise with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision DSM or Adobe XD.
- Exceptional CSS/Sass, HTML and Java/TypeScript skills and has experience with software version control, writing unit tests, build systems like webpack/grunt.
What's in it for you
- You'll find yourself in a culture where designers feel included, valued, and heard; in a supportive environment surrounded by peers who exceed in their area of expertise.
- You'll have a significant impact on a design system used by hundreds of designers and developers throughout RBC and as a result, impact products used by millions of people.
- You'll be part of team that's pushing the boundaries of digital product design platforms as we strive to improve the lives of the people and communities we serve.
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs About RBC
- Work/life balance is important to us; you will be part of a company that values your time.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.For more information, please visit rbc.com. Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign upand get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request. JOB SUMMARY City: Toronto
Address: 88 Queens Quay W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 07/19/2021
Req ID: 344063 Ad Code(s):