A career within Consulting services will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.The power, utility and energy industry has a once-in-a-generation opportunity. Not only can it take a leading role in making its own cleaner energy future a reality, but it can help customers, communities and society accomplish this goal as well. A career in PwC Canada's Power and Utilities practice will allow you to join a global network of subject matter and industry experts (our Community of Solvers) who partner with our clients to solve some of the most complex challenges facing the sector - ensuring sustained success in the evolving energy ecosystem.Meaningful work you'll be part of
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Utilities Field Services Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead the transformation of our clients' management of field work, by challenging the status quo, reimagining processes and realizing the potential of new technologies
• Manage the end-to-end delivery of multiple consulting projects across different clients, comprising multiple resources and teams
• Manage engagement teams to produce of quality deliverables on time and on budget, and in line with client expectations and internal standards
• Identify and discuss key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities and convert these into engagements
• Lead and participate in pursuit teams and proposal development, creating innovative approaches and methodologies tailored to address specific client requirements
• Proactively lead specific client and vendor relationships
• Support the broader practice by providing inputs on strategy and driving the development of new consulting offerings and capabilities
• Focus your efforts on the Canadian industry, but be a key part of community of solvers across the global network of PwC firms
• Grow and develop our team through hands-on recruitment, training and coaching
• Stay abreast of key industry developments both within Canada and globally
• Provide subject matter experience to specific marketing initiatives, and lead preparation and delivery of white papers and conference presentations
• Communicate complex material effectively in written and oral formats to various audiences Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Extensive experience demonstrating knowledge of strategy, operations and technology used in one or more of electricity generation, electricity or gas transmission and distribution, energy retailing, and energy service providers to serve their customers and stakeholders
• Deep subject matter experience one or more of these utility functions or technologies: plant operations, construction, maintenance, work scheduling, outage response, metering, field services and customer-initiated work
• Hands-on experience with mobile technologies and one or more relevant applications, such as Salesforce Field Service Lightning, SAP WFM, IFS, Oracle FS, OverIT and SEW
• Extensive general experience in the utilities sector gained either through direct industry employment or substantial services to industry in both a field leadership and senior leadership capacity
• Leadership experience in a management consulting environment
• Ability to quickly establish credibility with clients by demonstrating subject matter expertise and knowledge of leading practice field services processes
• Proven track record justifying, managing and delivering large technology enabled transformations and full life-cycle projects that deliver significant business results and reflect strategic and creative thinking, individual initiative and motivating teams
• Demonstrated capability in thought leadership, new business development and securing project extensions, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities
• Excellent leadership, organizational and verbal and written communication skills
• Proven leader with extensive abilities to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive teamwork environment, and leverage diverse views
• When applying to a Quebec based opportunity, fluency in French is required. Outside of Quebec, fluency in French is an asset
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside and/or coaching diverse people and perspectives PwC BC Region Pay Range Information
The salary range* for this position is $162,200 - $270,200 plus individuals may be eligible for an annual bonus payment. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent upon your skills, experience, qualifications and geographic location. * Please note that the salary range for this position is reflected for our British Columbia region.
Given our national recruiting approach, we recruit (and may hire) in other regions and therefore the salary range may differ depending on the work location. PwC is committed to competitive compensation and sharing salary ranges in accordance with applicable pay transparency legislation as they arise Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This meaningful work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. The most connected firm through activity based working
PwC Canada is committed to cultivating an inclusive, hybrid work environment - one that is collaborative, supportive and productive. We work in-person and virtually, as is best suited for our clients, teams and people. We want you to be intentional with your work, how you do it and where it's done. PwC offices are hubs of connectivity and learning. We strongly encourage our people to prioritize in-person work, whether it's in the office or at a client site. This means we expect you to be in-person (either with clients or in the office) at least half of your time. We know that hybrid work is all about balance, and capturing the benefits of in-person work is essential to your growth at the firm. Exact expectations for your team can be discussed with your interviewer.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.