Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
De Lint LLP, an independent law firm allied with Deloitte LLP in Canada, is seeking to fill the full-time, permanent position of Operations Immigration Manager/Senior Manager - based in our Toronto office. We require an individual with a minimum of 4years of experience working in a high-volume, corporate immigration firm environment with expertise in US non-immigrant and/or immigrant application types. Proven experience with extensive client and employee contact and in working with US government agencies and attorneys. The Immigration Manager/Senior Manager - US Programs will contribute to our expanding team through premier client services and quality oversight within a highly collaborative environment.
We are looking for an experienced program manager/senior manager to oversee the operational needs of our high-volume business immigration practice. Working with a skilled team of legal administrators, and in collaboration with legal SMEs, billing, tech and reporting professionals, you will manage the administrative hub and daily operations of the firm liaising with IT, Finance, HC, Marketing and key stakeholders with a focus on establishing best practices, and implementing processes that drive efficiency, team engagement and create a consistent client experience. In so doing, you will identify and lead opportunities to streamline and improve workflows, process efficiencies, throughput and quality. You will define and execute project plans, and create and/or validate SOPs to eliminate unnecessary touchpoints and increase speed and agility. You will manage ongoing review of workstream performance metrics (SLAs, escalations), reporting, data integrity and quality audits. You will manage administrative aspects of large immigration filing projects, and lead/contribute to process training and workshops. What will your typical day look like?
Operations Program Manager/Senior Manager will:
About the team
- Take the lead on implementing and/or overseeing our existing operational processes and developing new ones as our growth requires.
- Oversee the team's reporting cadence, data accuracy and delivery
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams that capture the unique requirements of immigration practice
- Build and support project plans and data models to drive strategic planning and forecasting
- Provide consultative support to workstreams on scope change management processes with ancillary reporting as necessary
- Train teams of contingent workers for special high-volume projects (scanning, printing, package compilation)
- Work with Deloitte's mail team to ensure all outgoing and incoming mail is processed and data integrity is achieved with data entry
- Act as the liaison between the firm and our courier services to ensure timely deliveries and negotiate fees and contracts annually
- Track risks and issues, with succinct action plans
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria to train, coach, and supervise team members
- Set performance standards and goals; coach and develop staff to increase efficiency and deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
- Facilitate meetings both internally and externally
Our practice: We support some of the most complex accounts in immigration practice and are committed to legal excellence and exceptional client experience. What sets us apart from other firms is our unique approach to high-volume immigration and our strong partnerships with our clients. We take a programmatic approach to account management while remaining laser-focused on the employee experience. Our practice is data-driven, agile and highly responsive to change. We are also strategic, and business driven. We work hard and are focused on continuous improvement! Enough about us, let's talk about you
- You have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years' experience in program and project management supporting high volume operations
- Must have demonstrated high volume US Immigration experience
- You are a good problem solver. You know the right questions to ask and can execute using the resources available to you
- You are adept at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- You have a proven record of navigating ambiguity, leading complex projects with measurable results
- Ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team of individuals of varying levels and experience
- Customer obsession and excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Power BI, Project, and Visio
- Experience with the INSZoom case management system is a plus
- Able to work in-office at Deloitte's Bay and Adelaide location at least 3 days a week
De Lint LLP Immigration Law is a highly reputable, experienced, and client-focused law firm practicing exclusively in the area of immigration law. With 25 years of experience, de Lint LLP Immigration Law's alliance with Deloitte LLP in Canada enables the Firm to service clients worldwide. De Lint LLP Immigration Law understands the particular nature of immigration law and acts on behalf of a wide range of clients from multinational corporations, skilled or professional individuals, temporary workers and individuals in sports and the arts.
De Lint LLP Immigration Law is seeking qualified individuals to join our team of experienced professionals providing strategic immigration advice and guidance. De Lint LLP Immigration Law offers a unique talent experience that empowers our people with opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point of their career.
De Lint LLP Immigration Law is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, and are committed to providing career opportunities in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, due to a disability, please reach out to your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deloitte Canada has 30offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production