is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable OTTAWA WSP
is currently seeking Urban Planners to join our Planning practice in Ottawa. WSP will provide a unique opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of municipal planning and land development projects for both public and private sector clients in Ottawa and across Ontario. Our group in Ottawa is part of the national Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design practice in Canada, with offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec, and Nova Scotia, making us one of the largest such practices in the country . Why WSP?
• A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
• Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
• Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
• A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
#WeAreWSP A day in the life:
• P reparing planning policy and zoning reviews for municipal and development clients;
• Preparing municipal planning documents such as official plans, zoning by-laws, secondary plans, community improvement plans;
• Receiving mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals;
• Obtaining planning and development approvals ;
• Designing and implementing public engagement processes ;
• Working on projects of various sizes and for a variety of clients;
• Acting as a brand ambassador for the WSP brand and demonstrat ing WSP guiding principles;
• Participating in a range of activities such as our Developing Professionals Network and sector-specific working groups. We'd love to hear from you if you have...
• A degree in Planning or related studies;
• Either working towards or with full membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and the Canadian Institute of Planners;
• At least 3 years' experience - we are considering opportunities for early career professionals and senior professionals;
• Familiarity with the planning policy framework in Ontario;
• A high attention to detail;
• Excellent technical, analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
• A valid Ontario Driver's License.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades