4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
TechnologyJob Description - Unified Communications Infrastructure EngineerDescription
This is an exciting time to work at BMO, as the Bank responds to a rapidly evolving technology landscape and increasingly sophisticated customer expectations. Rather than react to these changes, BMO is proactively transforming how we do business, and The Engineering and Platforms department plays an important role of making the alignment of business requirements to the right infrastructure solutions a reality. The Unified Communications Engineering (UCE) team is responsible for leveraging state of the art technology to enable BMO staff to work effectively together anywhere, anytime; and accelerate their business through highly intuitive and integrated communications technology. UCE team is made up of Infrastructure Engineers who have the skills, knowledge and drive to take BMO's communications infrastructure to the next level,Mandate
Reporting to the Manager of UCE, the UC Infrastructure Engineer is a subject matter expert in UC with primary focus on Microsoft Teams and Contact Center technology. You have supported and participated in the design and implementation of large-scale MS Teams real-time-communications (RTC)/telephony and small to medium-sized contact centers, and are looking to further your career by helping BMO architect communications infrastructure integrating best of breed multi-vendor technologies to support intuitive user experiences. You will collaborate within the department and with other Engineering teams to provide professional advice to the Manager of UCE and ensure that the Engineering technology direction falls within overall Engineering integration strategies, and document high level, detailed and security designs as required to build, maintain and operate the Bank's UC infrastructure. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
QualificationsKnowledge and Experience:
- Design, build and document communication solutions leveraging Microsoft TEAMS, RTC/telephony features such as meetings, live events, softphones, call sharing, call forwarding, etc
- Design, build and document contact centers leveraging Amazon Connect
- Ensure that all Information Security are adhered to and security is built into UC architecture
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to project teams and represents UCE in architecture review boards and governance bodies
- Work with strategic partner vendors and BMO internal teams to identify, test, select and implement UC solutions that integrate with MS TEAMS RTC/Telephony and/or Amazon Connect
- Monitor technical solutions through the project life cycle, and alerts both the Engineering and Business Heads to potential risks
- Build, sustain and leverage professional relationships and people networks with internal and external organizations to stay abreast of industry standards and areas for improvement
- Advise the Manager of UCE on industry trends and direction affecting UC strategy, participate in technology selection (e.g. RFP/RFI/RFQ) and development of roadmaps, executive summaries of the recommended solutions
- Possesses a university degree / college diploma in related disciplines or equivalent work experience, and/or 10 years in IT industry experience
- Experience deploying and managing MS TEAMS RTC
- Experience deploying and managing CCaaS such as Amazon Connect
- Experience with MS TEAMS phone system
- MS TEAMS certification(s) a definite asset
- AWS certification(s) an asset
- Experience with Avaya phone systems (IP-based and digital) and other traditional voice/contact center solutions an asset
- Track record of developing, delivering and supporting MS TEAMS RTC/Phone-System/contact center in complex organizations to meet business requirements
- Demonstrates effective presentation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrates solid research and planning skills
- Demonstrates vendor management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of IT Security practices and incorporates them into designs
We're here to help
- Demonstrated experience in landing business requirements on defined technology standards and determining the right solutions where required
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.