We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of Global Network Engineering in globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The UC Network Engineer function is responsible for the design, deployment, and operation of Scotiabank's enterprise infrastructure services as it pertains to Voice and Data Network technologies. The UC Network Engineer is to work with technical and business subject matter experts on medium to large, technically complex, and risky projects to ensure proposed solutions meet the requirements of the business and to design infrastructure that is in line with bank and divisional standards, best practices, roadmaps and sustained support structures while meeting business goals and considering technology trends.
The UC Network Engineer is viewed internally as a technology expert with leadership facilitation skills and the ability to influence others. Trusted advisor to Senior Management on project teams. Maintains superior technology skills and knowledge of emerging technological trends across at least a single technology discipline with strong working knowledge of other key technologies. The role will provide a subject matter expertise regarding enterprise components specific to Global Networks supported infrastructure and will represent Network Egineering and Design on technical projects within the Bank. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- On medium to large projects, accountable to design a solution. Assesses designs of team members to ensure the recommended design achieves the appropriate balance between cost, re-use, ongoing maintenance, operability and scalability.
- Assists in the analysis of user requirements, taking into consideration interfaces with current Bank systems, hardware and software limitations etc.
- Assists the user in developing their detailed requirements.
- Provides technical architectural designs, solutions/reviews technology initiatives including environments from Development, IST, UAT, Pre-Prod, Production and BCP. The designs must meet the functional and non-functional (performance, resiliency, etc) requirements.
- Provides investigative summary analysis and technical advice to management, peers, and users.
- Participates in the delivery of the negotiated product/function to the user while following BNS standards and methodology by:
- Assists in the preparation of detail design specifications for new applications, development enhancements, or maintenance;
- Presents work for review in structured walkthrough presentations of application systems to/with project team members and users during various stages of the development process;
- Assists in the documentation of test strategies, and the execution of the tests (including unit, subsystem, system, regression, performance and integration testing);
- Collaborates to gain acceptance of design and priorities across technology and business teams.
- Provide post-project production support for assigned systems by:
- Acts as an internal consultant on assigned infrastructure
- Provides suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity. Investigating, analyzing and resolving system problems during standard working hours and after business hour, assigned on-call hours support of critical production system and post cutover support.
- Works with teams to document technical standards and champion their implementation
- Develops technical roadmaps and strategies
- Responsible for Research and Development
- Mentors and coaches others within assigned area.
- Transfers subject matter expertise to other IT practitioners where appropriate.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to enhance expertise and knowledge and identifies and addresses areas for personal development in order to provide a high level of technical advice and guidance.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Design and architecture of the Voice, Telecommunication, and UC systems used by the Bank Globally - researching, recommending and designing new technologies, new configurations and enhancements to existing voice services; providing consulting advice to customers on the capabilities of the telephony environment.
- Deployment / implementation of next generation Voice, Telecommunication, and UC systems - planning and executing designs, configurations or enhancements to existing UC services and architecture (new features and functions).
- Production support in escalation - administering, monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, enhancing and providing advanced infrastructure support for the existing Voice, Telecommunication, and UC systems.
- A minimum of 10+ years progressive work experience with Voice, Telecommunication, and UC systems including, but not limited to:
- Cisco Unified Call manager
- Cisco Unity Connection and Call Handler
- Cisco Unified Contact Center and Scripting
- CER and E911 solution
- SIP trucking
- Call routing, E.164 dialplan
- Automated call distribution (ACD)
- Trading Turret system
- Call Recording system
- Oracle (Acme Packet) SBC, ECB and EOM
- Microsoft Skype for Business and Teams direct routing
- A minimum of 5+ years progressive work experience with IP Network systems and technologies, including, but not limited to IP subnetting, DHCP, DNS, BGP, OSPF
- 5+ years of experience in VMware deployment, backup, migration
- Complex system deployment, upgrade and migration experience aligns with enterprise change process
- Performance and benchmarking
- Monitoring tools, Call Record Detail (CDR) system
- Configuration and Lab testing, new product evaluation;
- Cost analysis and knowledge of financial principals;
- The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under a tight timeline.
- Superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to lead technical resolution in the major incident management to meet the MTTR.
- Mentoring for junior level team members and knowledge sharing with peers.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and great interpersonal skills to interact with relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors. Able to present to VP level. Education and Certifications:
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field
- CCIE Voice certification (4+ years) or equivalen t
- CCNP Routing / Switching or above certification will be considered an asset
Azure, GCP cloud certification will be considered an asset Working Conditions
- Work in a standard office-based environment.
- Limited travel between Scarborough and Toronto offices.
While we currently work remotely from home, when we can physically return to work, our primary office in Scarborough is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Home to an onsite cafeteria with hot foods, salad bar, sandwiches & vending machines, plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace & a Tim Horton's kiosk.
- Equipped to allow you to recharge with lounges, table tennis, table soccer, pool table & TV's.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. 2022 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop that's steps away.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Communications, Telecom, Telecommunications, R&D Engineer, Banking, Marketing, Technology, Engineering, Finance
Sales and Marketing