Requisition ID: 158876
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
As a Trust Associate in a Scotia Wealth Management Office, you provide proactive administrative and client service support to a Trust Officer and their account portfolio of varying size and complexity with the day to management, oversight and account administration for client, beneficiary and Co-Trustee relationships.
While discussions with Co-Trustees, beneficiaries, clients, their advisors and the business community will generally be the responsibility of the Trust Officer, the Trust Associate will frequently deal with external contacts, gather and relay information and is designated as the point of contact in the absence of the Trust Officer.
. Key Job Accountabilities Special Projects
- Initial responsibilities will focus on AML/QI/FATCA/CRS documentation requirements
- Contact client for required documentation
- Update source system with valid information once reviewed for completion, as mandated
Administration and Relationship Management Support
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Senior Operations Manager
- Assist Trust Officers with providing a best in class, proactive and personalized client experience to high net worth clients and beneficiaries, exemplified by timely and accurate account administration coupled with demonstrated technical expertise, personal integrity and an ability to respond to stated and unstated client needs and concerns.
- Maintain daily surveillance over cash positions and provide reports for any cash positions that require remedial attention. Create/input accurate and timely accounting entries for payments to third parties realization of assets, fee collection, referring all unusual items for further action as required. Prepare detailed fee calculations in Estate and Trust accounts in accordance with fee agreements or local judicial/industry practice
- Open new accounts accurately and assemble information regarding assets in new accounts (including research into the tax costs) and ensure the preparation of the opening inventory/Record of Trust. Set up client and asset information on the Trust including the creation and maintenance of diaries to provide for such matters as fixed remittances fee processing, investment reviews and statement production.
- Prepare routine correspondence and documentation, including draft documentation in respect of matters that policy requires be submitted to the appropriate internal oversight groups concerning beneficiary/court approval of fees and statements;
Reporting Relationships Primary Manager:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Ensuring thorough knowledge of, and strict adherence to, the Bank's Global Sales Practices.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Direct Reports: Proactive with a proven track record of providing a best in class client experience Proven aptitude to learn new concepts and readily apply them to day to day tasks Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills Strong time management skills and a proven ability to multi-task Skills Experience and Functional Competencies High School Graduate Enrolment in Financial Industry courses CSC, IFIC, STEP Canada, ICB. Working knowledge of asset management and administrative procedures Strong PC Skills Basic knowledge of Trust Accounting principles Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role) Working Conditions
- Regional Senior Operations Manager
- Work in a hybrid - standard office-based environment requiring normal sensory attention and work from home. Occasional travel is required -particularly in new estates. The incumbent may be required to attend external client meetings outside of normal business hours. The incumbent may be required to work extended hours, as needs dictate.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Risk Management, Work from Home, Relationship Manager, Investment Banking, Legal, Finance, Contract, Customer Service
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive