100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
As an i ntern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities , BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO.
Interested in learning more about our campus program? S tay up-to-date with BMO Campus Recruitment by following us on Instagram @BMO_on_Campus .
As a Treasury Payments Intern you'll get to know our company quickly by working with a diverse group of talented professionals in a dynamic environment. At BMO, your ideas will be heard and your potential will always be recognized. Join us, and you'll be part of a true team, collaborating with people who will help you build an exciting, solid career. What you will do:
Support the management & execution of the assigned business/group program or project, including providing input to design, development & execution. Supports the execution of program components working with internal & external stakeholders to ensure effective & seamless delivery.
Internship Track Examples and Sample ActivitiesStrategy / Marketing / Communications Track
- Work with various internal and external groups to support a specific business or a project that spans across the organization.
- Support team members. Prepare memos, PowerPoint presentations, and Microsoft Office materials. Take meeting minutes.
- Plan and execute events with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports the management of the program/project, including developing program components, promoting the program and ensuring the execution of all program components.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation, and management of core program processes.
- Provides input to the program strategy by analyzing current operations & challenges, researching best practices and understanding industry trends.
- Provides support for the investigation, analysis & documentation of program risks.
- Analyzes data and information to provide program insights and recommendations.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness (e.g., customized exception reports, initiative tracking reports, etc.).
- Communicates and reinforces program principles, strategies, processes and standards in all operational activities.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications.
- Tracks exception requests and corresponding approvals.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
In this track, interns will support our market-facing groups within commercial banking, helping develop and execute strategies to market and sell our products and services.
Sample activities include:
Engineering / Data / Analytics Track
- Help industry professionals develop strategies for emerging payment technologies (e.g. blockchain, mobile)
- Assist in researching prospective bank clients and prepare "pitch books" for client sales meetings
- Support with industry analysis and market sizing
- Support the development of pricing strategies for new or existing products and services for various market segments/industries
In this track, interns will support our data and technology related groups as they gather and analyze bank data as well as plan and develop technological enhancements to deploy to the market.
Sample activities include:
- Assist in the creation of business cases for proposed technological enhancements
- Help define technical requirements of proposed initiatives
- Conduct statistical analysis on product and service data to draw interesting insights
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and improve efficiency
We're here to help
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience; however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skillls - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Management and Executive