Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?What will your typical day look like?
We are currently looking for a manager with an understanding of and interest in financial markets to support Deloitte's foreign exchange operations and strategy needs.
About the teamDeloitte Global Culture:
- In this role, you will oversee the day to day management of our foreign exchange operations and serve as the subject matter expert and advisor to senior management on foreign exchange as it impacts Global's business, operating, and financial results.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, including Treasury, FP&A, Accounting, and Tax as you assist in formulating foreign exchange hedging strategies and programs to support product launches. We are looking for a candidate who will be a thought leader on identification and management of financial risk as the company moves to centralize its currency exposure management .
- This role includes cash management-related activities, including cash positioning, forecasting, analysis, cash reconciliations, avoidance and resolution of exception items, and support of the banking administration function.
- This role also includes back office and settlement activities for debt, investment and foreign exchange transactions inter-company transactions, and short-term investments. As well as understanding and managing of financial and debt covenants and ability to stay in compliance with these covenants as hedges are implemented and currencies fluctuate. Additionally, an understanding of the regulatory environment around hedging is required.
- Other activities include preparing and releasing payments, confirming, verifying, and reconciling daily activity with counterparts and supporting accounting in researching / resolving reconciling items resulting from transaction activities. Other responsibilities include project management and implementation of process and related system changes and related process improvements.
- Successful candidates for this position should have prior managerial experience, strong written and oral communication skills and a solid accounting/finance background. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, highly organized, have a hands-on approach, and possess the ability to thrive in a faced paced, matrixed and dynamic environment with competing priorities and stringent deadlines.
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
The Deloitte Global Finance Team supports our internal clients and Deloitte Global member firms in a Business Advisor capacity with specific focus on strategic insights and initiatives, collaboration and financial reporting and analysis.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our shared values
- A minimum of 10-12 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, establish trust, identify needs, customize solutions and motivate teams to drive operational and strategic priorities
- Ability to effectively present ideas and solutions in a logical and articulate manner with the ability to work effectively with and influence Senior Executives
- Outstanding research, analytics, and quantitative aptitude; advanced attention to detail required for success in this role
- MBA, CTP or other professional designation like CFA a plus Team management experience
- Proficiency in SAP
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Ability to work and manage projects both independently and with a larger team to achieve goals
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise judgment consistent with achieving organizational goals and strategies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and results-oriented player who wants to help build a high-performance team
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production