All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
Treasury and Balance Sheet Management (TBSM):
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
TD Bank's Treasury and Balance Sheet Management (TBSM) team is a recognized global leader in asset and liability management. We also drive shareholder value by managing wholesale funding programs, maintaining a comprehensive and disciplined funds transfer pricing framework and developing strategies for the enterprise investment portfolio and capital positions to ensure TD can generate stable and predictable earnings while optimizing the balance sheet within our risk appetite. TBSM has over 250 professionals providing expertise in managing the bank's balance sheet to drive incremental value across all of TD's businesses.
Depending on business requirements, a co-op or intern placement could take place in one of the following areas: Market Risk Measurement & Analytics
: Measure, manage and hedge the interest rate, foreign exchange and equity risk associated with non-trading products on TD's $1.2 T balance sheet Funds Transfer Pricing
: Ensure that all non-trading products and businesses are measured on a fully hedged and liquidity premium adjusted basis to accurately reflect the economic profit Investment Portfolio Management
: Execution of hedging and investment portfolio management in support of the Bank's asset and liability management strategies Enterprise Capital Management
: Establish a management framework for the efficient and prudent management of TD's capital position while optimizing shareholder's return on capital Wholesale Funding
: execute and manage term funding transactions and programs for TD Bank, including senior unsecured debt, covered bond and secured funding through Asset and Mortgage Backed Securities channels Liquidity Risk Management
: measure and manage changes in TD Bank's cash flows, collateral pledging requirements and funding needs to ensure adequate liquidity level while minimizing funding costs Job Description
This role in TBSM will not only provide you introductory experience in a professional setting, you will also be equipped with skills and experiences that contribute to the completion of your studies and prepare you to build a career in your chosen discipline. Example accountabilities include:
- Support day to day operational requirements which could include report preparation, or deck preparation
- Produce business specific-reporting packages tailored to the needs of Product and Finance users
- Participate in project and process improvements or automation initiatives
- Research and respond to ad-hoc analysis and queries from management and/or other stakeholders including front office and Finance
This rotation will provide the successful candidate with the following opportunities for growth and leadership:
- Enhance your communication skills through written presentations of complex analysis and presenting your work to stakeholders
- Gain deeper understanding for strategic decisions regarding Treasury and how these decisions are interrelated
- Influencing partners and stakeholders and negotiating solutions that are in the best interest of the Bank
- Potential to represent TBSM at key stakeholder meetings
- Support enterprise strategy with confidential analysis for TD businesses
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Business/ Commerce or related fields
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term
- Familiarity with using MS Office suite and SQL for data retrieval and analysis
- Ability to translate data into narrative (demonstrated strong analytical abilities)
- Quick to learn and apply new concepts
- Ability to take initiative and balance multiple tasks
- High level of engagement and curiosity required (incl. how products work, factors contributing to results, data flow/ spreadsheet audit)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in teams as well as independently with tight timeline
Familiarity with the below concepts would be considered an asset:
Additional Information Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
- Bloomberg Data Retrieval/Analysis
- The features and characteristics of banking and capital markets products
- Interest rate/Capital Markets environment
- Basic understanding of risk management concepts and applications
- Database structures, systems and processes associated with product margin measurement and management
- Advanced data analytic and visualization tools i.e. Alteryx, Tableau, R, Python
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence January 4 th - April 29 th , 2022.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.