Permanent Reference code
:106022 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Transportation Business Development Manager
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Deloitte Canada is seeking an experienced transportation industry executive to support and grow our Logistics and Ground Transportation business in Ontario. Join a diverse team that is passionate about what they do and poised for growth. Deloitte offers services across consulting, risk advisory, financial advisory, tax, and audit and we are looking for a motivated, connected, and pragmatic industry leader to make connections and open doors with logistics accounts to bring Deloitte's expertise and build a portfolio of transport business. The Transportation Business Development Manager identifies organizations where Deloitte can create value and generate sales leads to support our industry sales plans.What will your typical day look like?
As a Transportation Business Development Manager you will focus on our market position, identifying and qualifying net-new opportunities, leading sales activities, and maturing existing account relationships. The primary role of the position will be to develop relationships with Senior Executives in target companies to identify opportunities that will generate top-line revenue, Industry leaders, Firm leadership and client service partners. As a BDM you will participate and coordinate the development of sales strategies related to Logistics solutions and services while driving key sales campaigns/initiatives. You will be responsible to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Generate outside sales leads and revenue through independently growing existing account lines and soliciting new accounts;
- Share your unique perspective related to industry challenges and help shape Deloitte point of view on trends within the industry;
- Create effective sales strategies by gathering market intel and capitalizing on opportunities; identifies and reports on trends in the market including pricing and innovations;
- Ensure the growth and maintenance of the pipeline;
- Participate in innovating the sales process and continuous improvement in our sales operations;
- Part of your daily routine will be to develop strong working relationships with Deloitte Partners related to assigned targets, industry leaders, regional leaders, alliance leaders, stakeholders, and clients. You will also need to maintain the relationship with other Deloitte marketing sales and pursuit support practitioners. Additionally, you will actively participate in go-to market initiatives, innovating our offering and our overall sales strategy.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Experienced. Your executive experience in the transportation or 3PL industry is coupled ideally with a degree or diploma in business with a focus in operations, logistics or transportation.
- Knowledgeable. A good understanding of the logistics business, pain points, and an ability to converse with business leaders in this industry about operations, customer relations and human resource issues.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically pursue new customers and business opportunities. Overcoming obstacles is your forte.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep proactively trying until you get results.
- Patient. You understand what it takes to build accounts and are willing to do what it takes to service them.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Marketing Manager, Transportation, Consulting, Equity, Developer, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive