100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & ServiceOverview of role:
- Act as key liaison and subject matter expert for BMO Nesbitt Burns Investment Advisors, BMO InvestorLine, and the BMO Nesbitt Burns Fixed Income Trading Desk with respect to all Guaranteed Investment products.
- Maintain systems/applications for the Portfolio Advisory Team's internal, web-based order entry system.
- Coordinate and manage the executions, communications and escalations between the BMO Nesbitt Burns Trading Desk, operations team, issuers and other cross-functional support teams.
- Assist in the implementation and testing of trading platforms and tools, while developing key relationships with vendors to insure we fully optimize all services provided.
- Contribute to marketing of all fixed income solutions and strategies to assist in providing better client services.
- Responsible for managing daily GIC trade orders to ensure timely and appropriate execution in compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures.
- Provide a markets-based suite of sales and trading solutions to private and corporate clients, ensuring competitive pricing to all clients, while also seeking out new opportunities with prospective clients.
Understand the needs of clients and provide relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations. The successful candidate:
- Maintains key rates offered to BMO Private Wealth.
- Provides daily support for all GIC=related matters.
- Provides support and delivers an outstanding client experience.
- Uses good judgement in meetings and is an active participant in providing ideas and communicating these ideas effectively.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service to internal and external clients, and acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Verifies that all confirms on trades/sales are accurate and promptly delivered.
- Communicates transaction details to the brokerage community.
- Resolves settlement issues related to incorrect billing.
- Develops strong market knowledge, new solutions, and constructs compelling recommendations.
- Reads and analyzes financial reports and legal documents in order to better serve client needs.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and leverages relationships across businesses, with senior leaders and clients to foster and support coordination, and ensure alignment between stakeholders.
- Uses analytical skills (probability, statistical inference, etc.) and applies appropriate technical concepts to prepare consistent and reliable technical and financial reports and analyses to support client deliverables.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Develops an understanding of and proficiency in using all required systems and models.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Helps colleagues with the presentation of information and preparation of proposals for their review.
- Assists colleagues in the research and resolution of administrative/operational issues.
- Understands the complexity of transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal / compliance, etc.).
- Executes orders for purchase or sales of securities and may complete transactions independently if brokerage firm is market maker in requested transaction. All transactions must be recorded accurately and frequently reviewed for accuracy.
- Receives and reviews all transactions to ensure accuracy and that transactions conform to regulatory agencies.
- Tracks supply and demand and evaluates market development.
- Operates within position and loss limits as prudent management of the Bank's exposure.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; but may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically, between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience in addition to a post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Programming preferred.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency in area.
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems.
- Visual Basic, C++, SQL, C#, and Python and HTML experience.
- Working knowledge of financial markets with previous exposure to the financial markets and/or analysis gained through a combination of work and educational qualifications is required.
- Basic understanding of trading or sales procedures and broader regulatory and financial concepts.
- Demonstrates solid deal/transaction execution and/or project management skills.
- In depth skills in:
- Verbal & written communication skills;
- Collaboration & team skills;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Influence skills; and
- Data-driven decision-making.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians