100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
The Trade floor desktop support specialist provides real time onsite support and will be responsible for maintaining stability and improving productivity. Team is onsite on the BMO Trade floor providing IT support for all the Traders' and support staff needs. This is a very dynamic fast-paced environment requiring high energy individuals with desktop skills to support Traders. Characteristics: This role requires accountability and diligence. You will be expected to follow up and provide timely updates as well as handing off work efficiently to your team. Information sharing is key to our success.
- Responsible for managing a client base of 350 Traders including desktops and peripherals, VDI's, Laptops, Surfaces, Thin Clients, IPC turrets, Printers, iPhone and headsets.
- Day to day deskside support with shifts covering 6:00am to 6:30pm weekdays as well as flexibility for occasional evening and weekend assignments.
- Windows 10, Office 365 environment
- Level 1 Support for all Trading applications
- Level 1 video Conference support
- Level 2 support for market data applications (Bloomberg, Thompson Reuters / Eikon Refinitiv)
- Digital workflow management via Service now incident tracking (MAC's CRQ's)
- VPN support
- Onboarding and off boarding users
- Ordering Hardware for deskside devices and Work from home.
- Help with deskside projects as required
- Supporting traders in the office and working from home
- Supporting DR site and DR tests
- Help with planning and executing moves
- Possesses strong technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, timing and dependencies
- Requires high level of professionalism, strong problem-solving skill, ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Leads/Conducts incident recovery and detailed root case analysis
- Provides end to end technology support including computer, applications, network and storage, and root-cause analysis etc.
- Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements
- Proactively monitors system performance and identifies operational improvements, in ensuring smooth and consistent customer and business partner delivery
- Provides initial triage, investigation and ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen operational capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees
Compensation and Benefits:
- 5 Years professional experience working in trading, financial services, health sector, pharmaceutical or legal.
- Understanding of Information Technology operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery including but not limited to IT Operations mandatory operating standards for monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, tools, timing, and dependencies.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Focus on customer service satisfaction
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Network +
- VMware experience is a plus
$60,000.00 - $111,700.00Pay Type:
The above represents BMO Financial Group's pay range and type.
Salaries will vary based on factors such as location, skills, experience, education, and qualifications for the role, and may include a commission structure. Salaries for part-time roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked. For commission roles, the salary listed above represents BMO Financial Group's expected target for the first year in this position.
BMO Financial Group's total compensation package will vary based on the pay type of the position and may include performance-based incentives, discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: https://jobs.bmo.com/global/en/Total-Rewards We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.