The Amazon Topology team does end-to-end supply chain estimation and optimization. This includes determining the number and placement of all types of facilities, how they should be configured, and how they should be connected to each other. There are thousands of facilities ranging from million-square-foot Fulfillment Centers with thousands of robots down to inner-city Prime Now facilities serving orders to be fulfilled within an hour. Each year we spend billions on these facilities and billions more on transportation costs. If you are interested in diving into a multi-discipline, high impact space this team is for you.
Handling data and making decisions on this scale requires a range of scientific tools. We use demand forecasting, optimization for various core decisions, machine learning to approximate the network, and simulation of how our choices will perform. The team is a mixture of Software Engineers, Operations Research scientists, Applied Scientists, Business Intelligence Engineers and Product Managers.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be a key part of the technical design both on the engineering and science side. You will also be the owner of our schedule and stakeholder management.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
▪ Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics and 4+ years of industry experience or 7+ years of industry experience.
▪ Experience managing multi-team project
▪ Experience with internet based softwarePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
▪ Experience with machine learning and mixed-integer linear optimization
▪ Experience with supply chain optimization and moving from high-level theory into wheels on the road.
▪ Experience with server-less compute architecture (e.g. Lambda, Fargate)
▪ Ability to write in common programming languages (e.g. python, java)
▪ Experience with automated-testing and hands-off automated deployment
Software and Programming