All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
TD Testing and Quality Assurance (QA)
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD's definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn't changed - experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our testing activities may focus on system integration, business acceptance, performance, operability and deployment verification. Quality Assurance activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QA Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline. Job Description
We are looking for an individual to provide research, analysis, design, execution, maintenance and/or support of testing solutions that are appropriate to the application, solution and project as assigned.
You will have the opportunity to work with one of our various teams within the Technology group. Job responsibilities for a Tester/QA Intern/Co-op may vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Review system requirements and design documents, then create, execute and document detailed, accurate test cases.
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute, maintain and document test cases.
- Help define test data and environment requirements.
- Log defects, help resolve them.
- Provide support to your technology peers and the business. Join forces to identify solutions.
- Play an active role in developing test strategies and plans, traceability matrices and test closure reports, for small to moderately complex projects.
- Offer day-to-day test environment support, trouble shoot, triage issues, co-ordinate resolution with all tech partners.
- Promptly identify and raise awareness of issues. Quickly resolve them.
- Find ways to improve processes and delivery outcomes.
- Promote and develop awareness of testing methodologies and standards.
- Support automation and test data management strategies.
- May support and maintain virtualized services, components and environments by using Service Virtualization tools to enable functional and non-functional testing.
- May develop, debug, execute and maintain performance testing scripts using various performance testing tools.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices, standards and project management disciplines.
- Continuously enhance knowledge and expertise, keep current.
Additional Information Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computing, etc.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at of the start of your work term
- Ability to conduct basic testing activities for QA-related projects.
- Experience with the following: XML, Web Services and APIs (JSON REST); C/C++/Java/VBScript/Python; AS400/Mainframe; Databases (DB2/Oracle) and SQL; Unix/Linux/Windows 7 and 10/Microsoft Office
- Strength in executing test scripts, defect tracking.
- Readiness to participate in testing processes and methodology.
- Solid verbal and written skills.
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive.
- Skills that are not required, but would be an asset:
- Experience with mobile devices.
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.