Requisition ID: 106439
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Wholesale and Risk Technology and Analytics Technology are two areas of the bank most dependent on using Technology as a Competitive Advantage. The technology moves fast there, and it is imperative that we are able to keep up and where possible leapfrog our competition. We are already leaders on Bay St with advanced financial algorithms, cloud and heterogeneous GPU/CPU compute. We are embarking on a program to empower users to develop against their own standardized curated data sets, developing End User solutions with a set of well governed standard tools.
The Technology Strategist's role is to consistently scan the GWRT (Capital Markets Technology) and CIDA (Data Analytics) environments and ensure that at a macro level they are deriving maximum benefit from the available technology landscape. This review looks first to trends and capabilities within Scotia and its overall technology and innovation set, and then at the wider external environment. The focus is on the commercialization of new (to the group) technical capabilities and the deepening of existing capabilities to drive competitive advantage. Accountabilities
Education I Experience
- Constantly review and make recommendations on the GWRT & CIDA technology strategy and ensure that it is both forward looking and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that decisions regarding GWRT & CIDA technology support and empower the broader Enterprise Technology Strategy whilst still driving growth and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Keep abreast of technology advances in Capital Markets and Risk Management especially. Become an expert in Cloud within the context of Scotia and how to exploit its capabilities to enable competitive advantage.
- Prepare technology briefings for senior management. Be capable of "deep dive" investigations into opportunity spaces or problem technology areas.
- Matrix influencing within the GWRT and CIDA senior leadership community with especial reference to first the GWRT Architecture function and then Enterprise Architecture.
- Degree from a recognized institute.
- MBA, Specialized Masters or Doctorate degree preferred or Relevant certification from a professional body or recognized academic institute.
- Experience with executive management (VP /SVP / EVP) reporting preparation and case presentation
- Strong influential and communication skill
- Must (mandatory) have worked as a programmer at some point or done programming heavy degree.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Data Analyst, Strategist, Bank, Banking, Management, Data, Strategy, Finance