Permanent Reference code
:106844 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality--
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?What will your typical day look like?Strategic
- Provides leadership in understanding expectations and responding in a timely manner to information security inquiries from clients, regulators and MFs while being strategic about the extent, timing and nature of information communicated
- Keep abreast of needs for new global policies, standards, and controls in the context of trends in multinational and local client requests
- Leadership in anticipating requirements from clients, regulators and MFs and garnering a solid and reliable base of relevant information from a variety of sources proactively, so that we can be responsive to client, regulator and MF inquiries
About the teamDeloitte Global:
- Provide leadership for the central service that handles responses to global cross border and non-cross border information security inquiries delivered through the combination of a global central shared service and a global delivery team
- Ensure maintenance of a repository of previously completed information security requests and approved MF responses in standard answers banks, and perform annual reviews to ensure the repository is up to date
- Ensure that necessary processes and protocols are in place and updated periodically to centralize to the extent possible client, regulator and MF information security inquiries into the global shared service channel
- Manage rollout of new/updated processes, procedures, and tools that include communication, training, and support
- Monitor and provide input on the planning (scope, timing, etc.) of audit and certification to align with anticipated needs of clients, regulators and MFs
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global Risk develops programs, processes, and resources to preserve, protect, and enhance the Deloitte brand around the world. We identify new and emerging risks that might impact the network, mitigate threats as they are identified and proactively engage key stakeholders to develop identification and mitigation procedures.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our shared values
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in business administration, a technology-related field or equivalent experience
- Eight or more years demonstrated experience in developing and applying leading practices in a large scale Information Security, Technology Risk or Operational Risk environments, including strategy development and execution, risk and governance experience.Five or more years of people management experience and proven leadership and coaching abilities.
- Working knowledge of GRC tools (e.g., Archer, ServiceNow, etc.) and Unified Compliance Framework (UCF)
- Advanced knowledge of various IT risk frameworks, methodologies, leading industry/assurance standards and regulations, as well as attestation reporting frameworks, such as the ISO family of standards (27001/2, ISO 22301, ISO 27017, etc.), NIST, COBIT, SOC2 reporting framework
- Advanced knowledge of significant security and privacy laws and regulations in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa, and Oceania is preferable (e.g., GDPR)
- Experience in developing and applying standards, principles, methods, and leading IT risk governance practices in large-scale Information Security, Technology environments
- Experience working and liaising with executives (e.g., CIO, CISO, Directors, Principals) senior management
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset; demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of data in short periods of time for consumption by multiple stakeholders
- Effective relationship-building, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Highly disciplined, with strong organizational abilities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and work independently
- Possess exceptional level of integrity and customer focus
- Bilingual English and 1 other language French, Spanish, German, or Japanese a plus
- One or more of CISA, CIA, CISM, CISSSP, CGEIT, ISO 27001/2 or similar certifications strongly preferred but equivalent knowledge will be considered
- English and Japanese speaking preferred
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Information Security, Developer, Information Technology, IT Manager, Equity, Technology, Finance
Management and Executive