VIRTUAL(R)59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
We define and enable target state Data & Analytics (DnA) ecosystem. Accelerating our teams across BMO on their path to value at scale. We help each other in times of need, and we are proud of our work. We are visionaries, thought leaders, multipliers, coders, and much more. Above all, we are a global team of diverse folks who enjoy working together to create smart solutions.
Our Ambition is bold. It is built around putting both our capital and resources to the highest and most profitable use, with a "digital first" operating model, fuelled by data-driven decisioning.
Join the Data & Analytics (DnA) team within BMO as we accelerate our path to value with:
- Actionable insights anchored on managed Data and frictionless Analytics capabilities
- A mindset that extends a solid core and provides a flexible edge
- Acceleration of commercial value within a responsible framework
DnA enables the strategic priorities of the bank, by providing progressive data capabilities, coupled with advanced analytical methods to accelerate value generation from actionable insights while operating within the bank's full risk appetite.The Impact
This is a Senior DnA technology role and part of the DnA CTO organization.
Director of DnA TPM (Technology Product Management) leads strategic initiatives, delivers future state architectures, drives adoption, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration in achieving our vision.
The team has broad expertise in BMO T&O organization's critical platforms, data, architecture, and cloud domains. All team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to define and enable BMO DnA's technology vision. What's in it for you:
We are looking for an experienced Technology Product Delivery Leader to be part of a team that is building our future state DnA internal SaaS. The platform will modernize our DnA ecosystem across the bank. And it will enable our lines of businesses to migrate to the cloud and operate with speed and scale.
This role will be responsible for delivering DnA products and strategic initiatives, developing product roadmaps, sharing product vision, driving the development of enterprise scale solutions, fostering adoption and standards that will achieve future state product vison.
In this role, you will propel BMO's Digital First strategy forward by providing business and technology with the information management leadership necessary for solutions to realize a Future Ready data and analytics ecosystem.
You will lead and develop cloud data capability and platforms centered on building a digitally enabled, future-ready bank with leading efficiency, profitability, and loyalty - all powered by a winning culture.What We're Looking For:
We are seeking to bring technical product management practices to our DnA Cloud & Integration teams to grow the capabilities of our products at scale. Success will require your product sense, experience building products, and ability to work with a global team of stakeholders and engineers. On any given day, your job may include building product roadmaps, sharing product vision, bringing work to teams, conducting design sessions, presenting to executive leadership, delivering new experiences, iterating on experiments, and planning or prioritizing features.
As the Director of Technical Product Management, you will work closely with the business, data, engineering, enterprise architecture, information security, and platform engineering teams to define the roadmap for our internal DnA SaaS ecosystem and execute on deliverables.
- Be relentlessly curious, take ownership, and challenge the status quo
- Has good knowledge of the cloud and data landscape as well as hands-on expertise of delivering solutions in a regulated setting
- Enables lines of businesses, data, and operations teams to deliver business value while driving DnA strategy and achieving technology vision
- Shapes advanced conceptual thinking to solve complex or novel situations that have never been dealt with before
- Attracts and develops top talent and integrates them into our key strategic initiatives
- Defines the strategy and roadmap to deliver on key business and product goals
- Delivers against aggressive roadmaps and key initiatives while maintaining focus on product vision
- Works closely with stakeholders, DnA design, integration, and cloud teams to develop product roadmaps
- Drives the development of enterprise scale DnA Cloud capabilities, adoption of DnA Cloud ecosystem, and standardization of DnA tooling and processes across the bank
- Develops partnerships with key stakeholders to gather requirements, solicit feedback, and build product momentum
- Brings work to execution teams that are geographically distanced and belong to different functional groups
- Collaborates with design, integration, cloud, engineering, and other teams to make swift and smart decisions, move fast, and deliver value to the business
- Teams with design, integration, and cloud teams to transform requirements into actionable development tasks and sequence those tasks into schedules for completion
- Monitors and reports on the health of project initiatives. Determines clear prioritization and appropriate trade-offs regarding implementation issues based upon understanding constraints, dependencies, costs, resources, and customer benefits
- Brings discipline to the software development process, standardizing product intake, execution, and delivery
- Expands and leads high performing teams of subject matter experts to deliver on vision and goals. Mentors them in ways that transform employees into leaders
- Attracts and develops top talent by creating a cohesive culture that fosters innovation, transparency, and collaboration
- Engages in customer-facing activities such as conferences, customer visits, and product feedback
- Identifies product enhancements that balance a favorable return on investment with customer needs
- Manages stakeholder expectations throughout the software development lifecycle
- This is a highly visible role that requires the strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels while seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders.
- Experience: you bring 20+ years of professional experience, with at least 10 years working as a Software Product Manager/ Deliver Manager / Development Team Lead
- Strong diplomatic skills: you have the ability to listen and absorb the ideas of others before responding. You can negotiate input from multiple roles and personalities
- A strong sense of urgency: you are passionate about quickly delivering value to the business
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely, including with senior leadership, and can tailor your message to your audience
- Creativity: you thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
- Curiosity: you are comfortable with unknowns; the ability to lay out and test clear hypotheses, without well-defined direction
- Capability: you have a can-do attitude and will roll up your sleeves to get the job done when necessary
The successful candidate is passionate about delivering the best experience for our customers through the innovation of products, platforms, and multi-channel integration.
The candidate must have an aptitude to learn about banking, rules, & regulations, as well as an interest in emerging technology. The ideal candidate should be passionate about the ever-changing banking landscape and the intricacies that come with new market demands.
You will join a dynamic cross-border team of industry leaders, dedicated to fostering an empowering team environment and serving our users' needs within a diverse product suite. Be a part of a unique opportunity to define and enable BMO DnA's technology vision. We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.