4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and, recommends solutions to enable the achievement of organizational goals. Builds exceptional relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders. Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
We're here to help
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Plans and conducts third-party software analysis as needed for inclusion in the project solution.
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use in various audits, reports, & projects.
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current-state needs are known.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves highly complex problems within supported environments.
- Monitors the overall performance of supported environments and performs the necessary tuning to ensure continued availability.
- Develops and executes plans to implement highly complex changes to the bank's mission critical systems.
- Meets with senior management and executives from within the T&O division, business partners, LOB senior management/executive and vendors to provide status updates related to the health of supported environments, to maintain an understanding of new technologies and business trends, and to ensue all support issues and business needs are properly communicated and addressed.
- Leads and/or provides technical consultation to task force/project teams, technical recovery teams, post mortem meetings and focus groups in order to ensure ongoing availability of critical applications and/or quick resolution to significant problems.
- Represents the team, and provides technical guidance and consultation, on multi million dollar projects.
- Provides technical coaching and/or broader team leadership to more junior team members .
- Increases the efficiency of existing operational methods and workflows by identifying, recommending, and implementing process improvements.
- Ensures all operational risks to supported systems have been identified, prioritized, and are being tracked.
- Ensures that all audit, Information Security, and regulatory guideless are adhered to.
- Participates in disaster recovery and site backup tests.
- Identifies and avoids any potential bottlenecks that might present a threat to system security or user services
- Ability to work independently
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning..
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working Knowledge of Windows, as a System Administrator
- Working technical skill on windows 2012/2016/2019 clustering
- Demonstrates expert technical knowledge of related IT technologies/platforms, Automation, DevOps and Agile framework
- Scripting skills using batch files or Powershell, with knowledge in programming languages and can code with little oversight
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.