Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver Have many careers in one Firm. Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems. Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Are you an engineer who's naturally curious, thrives on discovery, and keeps up with innovations in software, hardware, and telecommunications? Are you considering a career shift to grow your consulting skills and become a business advisor to technology firms?
At Deloitte, we value building relationships with people like you. We are looking to hire technology experts for the role described below. If you would like to apply to this opportunity and you have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by our recruitment team within a few days. What will your typical day look like?
No matter which Deloitte office you may be based out of, you'll serve clients, both large and small, located across Canada and sometimes internationally. Our work environment is flexible and agile, enabling high productivity whether you choose to work at client sites, in any one of our offices, or work from home.
Initially your role will focus on developing core skills in preparing SR&ED tax incentive claims under the mentorship of senior practitioners. As you build skills and knowledge, your role will grow to include client scoping and interviewing, audit defense, sales, and building deep client relationships. You will be challenged by more complex and strategic projects on the path to becoming a trusted business advisor, and gain a broader view of business challenges and solutions beyond SR&ED and incentives.
Your team will rely on your technology expertise to identify, quantify, and communicate how a client's particular innovation relates to their industry and the broader state of the art. Your colleagues will teach you tax law, finance, and business strategy. Since many of our clients are brilliant leaders in their industries, you'll be continually challenged to learn and deepen your understanding of cutting-edge science and technology underlying innovative products and services. About the team
Gi3: Global Investment and Innovation Incentives. Deloitte's Gi3 team is the leading innovation incentives team both in Canada and globally. We're scientists, engineers, accountants, and tax and legal experts who help companies become more competitive by advising them on financial strategies to support technology innovation. We're growing our incentives practice across Canada and seek software, hardware, and telecommunications specialists to join our team. To learn more about Deloitte: https://bit.ly/2ieqqxN. Enough about us, let's talk about you
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You are someone with:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in a software, hardware, or telecommunications technology development role
- Deep curiosity and ability to learn, synthesize, and describe complex technical subjects
- Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical management and staff, both within our client organizations and within third-party organizations such as the Canada Revenue Agency
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing quickly, persuasively, and concisely
- Ability to work independently within a high performance team, managing your workload and deadlines reliably, on time, and on budget
- Desire and confidence to challenge yourself through continuous learning of new subjects where you may little or have no prior experience
- Strong insights into your strengths and opportunities for personal development
Please note that level and title will be dependent on relevant experience and interview assessments Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.