55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
If you're looking for your next dream job, consider this one in BMO's ERPM Risk group where every colleague helps protect and grow the bank by providing independent review and oversight of enterprise-wide risks, working together to maintain a risk management framework and fostering a strong risk culture.
Overall team mandate:
Provides production and end-user support and governance for the risk technical platform and system environment that supports risk data & control structures (e.g., process controls, user access controls, data integrity controls) to enable risk processes and operations. Supports and oversees the planning, maintenance and change management for risk system strategies & models, credit & lending process changes, system parameter changes, production schedules, and operational tasks. Oversees the management of system parameters, rules management and advance strategy & model implementations. Works with stakeholders to resolve issues and provide solutions that ensure service delivery and effectiveness.
- Monitors the risk system technical infrastructure, applications and/or business transactions across the environment.
- Collaborates with Technology service providers and other stakeholders to investigate, perform root cause analysis and plan corrective actions; follows production environment support processes and guidelines.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Tracks metrics and milestones, makes recommendations for resolution and escalates as appropriate when issues arise.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance; addresses any issues.
- Supports the data reconciliation / provisioning processes between core risk systems.
- Performs verification and monitoring activities for all changes implemented in the production environments according to guidelines and policies.
- Supports the development and maintenance of system and process documentation / process controls / knowledge assets required for the operation.
Rules Developer/Technologist responsibilities:
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business / group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the planning and execution of system management infrastructure planning and development activities for a designated portfolio.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including product enhancements; Initiative areas can include intake, requirements, design, development, testing, simulation, signoffs, production and postimplementation activities.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Executes routine tasks such as maintenance, service requests, transactions, queries etc. within service level agreements e.g., execute changes to business rules, system tables, system access provisioning, etc.
- Leads or assists in the execution of oversight/governance activities.
- Acts as a resource for team members with less experience
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation, and management of changes to the risk production processes & systems.
- Typically, between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and postsecondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced developer
- In-depth knowledge of risk system management concepts and applications.
- In-depth knowledge & experience with risk policy frameworks; quality control / testing frameworks.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration, Influence & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
- Native JAVA and a JAVA like syntax known as SRL (Structured Rules Language)
- Experience with RETE based rules engines (DROOLS, IBM ODM, InRule).
- Experience with semi-structured data (XML/JSON) and corresponding serialization libraries
- Familiarity with Object Management Group (OMG) standards Decision model notation (DMN) and Business Process Model Notation (BPMN)
- Experience with consuming API's (SOAP and RESTful)
- Experience with FICO Decision Management Platform, Triad &/or Blaze Advisor is an asset
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.