At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity:
ITS' Technology Support and Operations (TSO) group is accountable for operating and maintain KPMG's infrastructure environment in accordance with expected standards and metrics. TSO is comprised of: Identity Management, Operations Control, Enterprise Operations, and Infrastructure Support Teams which together deliver on the mandate of providing operational processes and activities that effectively and efficiently support the technologies utilized by the group's client base.
As the Technical Writer, you will primarily work with Microsoft Word and Visio to create documentation describing the agreements, technologies, and processes that underly operational support activities for maintaining standards, metrics, guardrails, frameworks, and policies pertaining to KPMG's IT environments.
Deliverables of this role provide quantitative and qualitative direction for the standards and processes that TSO groups adhere to when serving clients. As well as ensuring expected metrics and standards, these documents facilitate: consistency, interoperability, scalability, and agility. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Create content and process mapping while working along side the business and SME's
- Establish scope for deliverables including decisions around, inclusion, exclusion and/or value of identified content
- Ask questions appropriately and listen effectively to understand the operational state of the technologies being supported
- Leverage the skills and experience of senior resources to effectively apply standards, frameworks, and practices
- Improve efficiencies team wide when it comes to document design, standardization, brand adherence and document editing
- Contribute to key decision making and improved processes around compliance while working closely with Lead Technical Writer and other team resources
- Deliver on projects in a timely manner while always keeping the team/ team resources on track
- Review and secure agreement for accountabilities associated with ongoing support of the services that the businesses employ
- Previous experience in technical writing in a relevant industry (finance, professional services etc.) having worked in a matrixed environment is an asset
- Demonstrated interest in Technology and or Technical processes
- Excellent communication and exemplary collaboration skills
- Expert elicitation and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills- previous project management or coordination considered strong asset
- Strong diplomacy skills with ability to be tactful while working with key stakeholders
- Must be a team player and an active participant and contributor to marketing meetings
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Has the confidence to provide information, support and recommendations to business leaders
- Excellent collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
This is a remote/hybrid position. #li-remote Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.