Our Technical Assistance Center (TAC) in Ottawa is growing and we are looking for specialists who are enthusiastic about troubleshooting, networking, and making customers happy. Fortinet is looking for experienced Technical Support Specialists to join our Ottawa office to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our loyal customers. The ideal candidates are not only technical, but also energetic and passionate about working for Fortinet and supporting our products. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the products that we support in an innovative, fast-paced environment while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.Job Responsibilities:
Job Skills Required:
- Provide direct technical web and telephone support to Fortinet customers including:
- Basic troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
- Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
- Collection and analysis of customer network information
- Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
- Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc...
- Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
- Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
- At least 2+ year's experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
- Strong English skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Software and Programming Information Technology