Technical Support Engineer 2 (CARD2434)
Reference ID: %7BBA25871C-057D-46A1-8E44-0B3A75B28F9C%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for an experienced technical support engineer to join our Ottawa office to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our loyal customers.
The ideal candidate is not only technical, but also energetic and passionate about working for Fortinet and supporting our products. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the products that we support in an innovative, fast-paced environment while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.
* Provide direct technical web and telephone support
* Ensure that reported issues are well understood and the needed information is collected
* Basic troubleshooting on the range of Fortinet Enhanced Technologies products including FortiMail, FortiVoice, FortiRecorder and FortiSandbox
* Recommend corrective actions based on analysis of collected information
* Provide Customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc...
* Consult technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
* Reproduce customer environments using lab equipment and report bugs
* Recommend alternative solutions or workarounds
* Manage cases until case closure, taking the initiative to follow up internally as required to obtain changes or solutions needed to resolve the customer's issue
* Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
* Provide knowledge transfer to peer engineers
Job Experience Required:
* 4+ years' experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
* In-depth knowledge of SMTP, VoIP (SIP) and virtualization technologies.
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
* Experience with security products (especially firewalls and VPN gateways)
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Deep working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
* Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
* Strong English skills both written and verbal.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019