Technical Support Engineer 2 (CACS2023)
Reference ID: %7B4B6D37A7-CA9E-4FD8-B65E-B443FD7C9961%7D
Customer Service and Support
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer II to join our Ottawa office to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our loyal customers. The L2 engineer is an escalation point for Fortinet partners and L1's that require further assistance when experiencing technical issues with Fortinet products. The L2 will also interface with the L3 team, QA and engineering to solve customer problems and identify bugs through replication and testing.
The ideal candidate is not only technical, but also energetic and passionate about working for Fortinet and supporting our products. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the products that we support in an innovative, fast-paced environment while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.
• Basic troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
• Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
• Collection and analysis of customer network information
• Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
• Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
• Provide Customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc...
• Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
• Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment; work with L3 support to isolate and solve problems; recommend potential new solutions.
• Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
• Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case; conduct and lead customer management meetings regarding escalation
Job Experience Required:
• 4+ years experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
• OSPF knowledge and reasonable understanding of BGP function; knowledge of redundancy schemes and alternate routing; test knowledge of routing scenarios
• Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Deep working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
• Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
• Strong English skills both written and verbal.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Posted: October 10, 2018
Closes: December 9, 2018