120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
As a Technical Specialist, Channel Services Web API Platform Team you will:
- Report to the Senior Development Manager, Channel Services.
-Provide project sizing and estimation.
- By aligning with strategic architecture, provide technical directions to development team.
- Work within a team through the full life cycle software development from inception to delivery, through production operations, including coding, code reviews, testing and running the software in production.
- Design and develop applications, coordinate with the rest of the team to deliver high quality software products.
- Collaborate with the business and technology stakeholders to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience.
- Develop both new applications and improve our existing ones in performance, capability, and reliability.
- Employ best practices in utilizing a broad platform of technologies within a cloud based micro services environment.
-Participate in code reviews, technical and architecture review meetings.
Experience and familiarity with:
- Java EE/JEE
- Spring and/or Spring Boot Framework
- WAS Liberty, Tomcat and/or JBosss
- Object-oriented methodologies and design patterns.
- 12 Factor Application Patterns and Microservices Architecture
IaaS/PaaS technologies and cloud computing platforms such as Docker containers or OpenShift
- Large-system integration patterns (e.g. ESB, SOAP/XML, JSON/RESTful Services, etc).Knowledge of Swagger API Developer Tools or OAS (Open API Specification)
Understanding API Security Best Practices such as mutual SSL, Spring Security, SQL injection and other OWASP guidelines
- DevOps concepts (Continuous Integration/Delivery) and tools (Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Maven, Ansible, Artifactory)
- Full software development life cycle from Development through Production Deployment.
- Experience with setting up high availability environments designed for 24X7 operations.We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.