Requisition ID: 97498
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team:
The Global Wholesale, Wealth, and Risk Technology - Derivatives team is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading desk. The Role:
This role involves
Is this role right for you?
- Preparation of specifications and documentation for all software developed. Use of standard project management and team collaboration tools
- Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily stand-ups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps
- Hands on coding in one or more of the programming languages identified in the Functional Competencies listed below
- Detailed design for all functional components of the system
- Accountable for delivery according to pre agreed time and budgetary constraints
- Liaison with source system owners to understand the format and semantic content of data being passed about.
- Putting in place suitable non functional supporting software to ensure a high automation, low support STP approach
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Must have previous experience in Capital Markets and a good knowledge in financial instruments, ranging from derivative products (IR, Credit, and Equity) to foreign exchange. Any experience with regulatory work would be an asset.
- Must be creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated with demonstrated ability for attention to details and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
- Must possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems design and development techniques, including testing methodologies, and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
To be successful in this role, you will have
What's in it for you?
- Strong database integration and transformation skills, experience with SQL (Oracle, or Sybase, or SQL Server) and NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, Cassandra or similar)
- A very good knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
- It would be nice if you have experience on:
- SOA and messaging bus e.g. Solace or Kakfa
- Exposure to regulatory, reporting or financial risk based projects would be an asset.
- Exposure to market data particularly with respect to derivatives (curves, surfaces etc.)
- Programming using Python
- A recognized under-graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Recognized further study in Finance, Risk or Computing would be an advantage.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Database, Developer, Equity, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance