Requisition ID: 110428
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose of Job:
The Technical Navigator ensures delivery of technically complex business solutions targeted at various business units. The Technical Navigator coordinates development, delivery and support activities and ensures deliverables are of the highest quality while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging a team of technical staff.
The incumbent manages resources, sub-projects and activities, while contributing to delivery goals in direct support of business and technology drivers (including revenue goals and customer project targets).
Contributes to the overall success of the Mortgage Systems area in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Major Accountabilities:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge. Ability to understand financial calculations and business processes.
- maintenance/support work efforts and meeting customer expectations for contracted time, cost and specification definitions.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for managing releases comprising of multiple implementations of one or more applications end to end ensuring all the gates such as on time development, security and QA are followed. This includes ability to manage Operational Readiness and respective approvals, Architecture Review Board triage submissions and LETs (with the support and supervision of the Senior Manager Dev). Responsible for ensuring test and release environments are all aligned and in sync, there is no room for error in this as any slight error can take away team's productivity and ability to meet the critical product release/implementation deadline.
- Operationalizes technical and managerial processes and supervises the development and maintenance of business support systems.
- Schedules and manages daily huddle, establish and own the production support roster / change calendar (Changes which can impact service continuity and require health checks etc.)
- Leads a team of IT professionals (FTEs and contractors) and is responsible and accountable for reporting solution delivery.
- Leads the team in the areas of release scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development methodologies.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software solutions.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Carry company provided phone configured with office email. Production support L2 24/7 required. Accountable with respect to prod support and attending to emergencies with ability to act as a Senior Manager's delegate.
- Ensure that EPM is up to date and responsible to manage application CMDB.
- Ensure Agile and Lean best practices are applied to software development and architecture creation.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology
- Certified in agile methodologies is an asset
- 5 - 7 years of total technical work experience.
- 2+ yeas of hands on project management experience, driving technology projects (software development and application infrastructure).
- 2+ years of team management experience with interdisciplinary teams
- The incumbent has developed code before transitioning into lead role
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Mortgage, Web Design, Finance, Technology, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance