Permanent Reference code
:124921 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
--What will your typical day look like?
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Work you'll do:
As a Technology Delivery Leader, you will drive complex work efforts across multiple teams that directly enable the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. You will ensure that the business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business. In this role, you will provide guidance and consultation directly to Audit business and Deloitte Technology leaders related to technology solution options and selection. In addition, you will work with these business and technology leaders to shape allocation and prioritization for planned and unplanned development and maintenance project engagements.
In this role, you will be accountable for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of system features spanning between three and seven development teams. You will directly influence and co-manage the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC) including ideation, planning, application development, testing, Production releases and operations. You will be responsible for maintaining compliance with wider Deloitte Technology standards and managing key relationships with strategic vendors.
• Collaborate with business and technology leaders to ensure execution of product roadmaps
• Combine business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) across areas of assigned responsibility
• Drive all aspects of SDLC for areas of assigned scope, including cross-team dependencies
• Monitor execution of work against plans and provide direct leadership to ensure efforts are completed on schedule and within budget
• Communicate development and production status, risks and issues to program stakeholders
• Support Global Program Management Office by preparing schedules and aligning milestones, tasks and estimates
• Lead cross-functional technology/solution decisions to ensure that both functional and non-functional requirements are properly documented and implemented
• Provide direct management / supervision for between three and seven development team managersAbout the team
Deloitte Technology Services works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived. Enough about us, let's talk about you Required:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
• 15+ years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions.
• Experience leading Agile/Scrum project teams including experience working in TFS and/or ADO/VSTS
• Experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and lead scope of defined features and functions during project lifecycle.
• Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
• Expertise in leading the delivery of complex components associated with mid-to-large web/enterprise applications.
• Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality automated solution.
• Proven ability to lead, coach and grow teams across multiple
• Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
• Experience collaborating with external software design and development vendors Preferred:
• 5+ years of progressive responsibilities in technology or management consulting
• 5+ years of industry experience directly related to regulated businesses (financial services, banking, etc.)Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or email@example.com
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Information Technology, IT Manager, Computer Science, Testing, Management Consulting, Technology, Management
Management and Executive