108318 Cost Centre:
GCM Cash Trading and Ops Tech - GWRT Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Purpose of Job
To provide responsive operational support for Fidessa and other Institutional Equity/Option Trading desk Front office systems. The incumbent is responsible for assisting in conducting analysis leading to the definition of requirements, design, testing, project coordination and implementation processes. The successful candidate will also assist in the resolution of complex business problems for Equity Sales and Trading Business unit, and other business lines being serviced. The incumbent is also responsible for participating in projects for new systems or enhancements, working with development personnel, and participating as a team member in Agile scrums. The candidate will work with other technology groups and vendors, and provision of ongoing support for all users in the business lines supported. Key Job Accountabilities
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- Provide responsive operational support which includes troubleshooting existing and new functionality, the incumbent must also contact the appropriate vendor for assistance in determining corrective action to be taken as well as participate and manage the activities of the vendor to ensure satisfactory results have been achieved.
- Assist in resolving complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the system needs of the Institutional Equity Trading Desks and their internal and external customers, by applying your business and technological knowledge to analysis, defining user requirements, design and implementation of systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
- Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Collaborates with business partners, including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements. Within the context of the project, collaborates on and sometimes leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives.
The incumbent must possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure while keeping up-to-date with new technology solutions for our trading business.
The incumbent must have knowledge of the following:
- Trading floor-style support
- Experience in GCM and or high paced environments
- Equity trading knowledge
- Exposure to Listed Options Trading
The incumbent must possess good oral and written communication skills for the purpose of providing reports to management and effectively communicating with the user community. Education and Other Requirements
- Possesses a university degree and 3-5 years experience in an equity trading environment.
- Canadian Securities Course/Trader Training course.
- Canadian Options course is desirable.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Equity, Bank, Banking, Developer, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance