Requisition ID: 100999
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Role:
The Technical Business Analyst is a key position in the Global Wholesale and Risk Technology team, responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets and delivering system solutions for Global Wholesale Operations - Confirmations.Is this role right for you?
In this role you will
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Directly support Global Wholesale Operations users to help resolve business and technology issues with the team, independently, and with urgency.
- Understand the business from several points of view and align IT&S systems and processes to address critical information and automation requirements.
- Be responsible for the successful implementation of specific business line solutions for projects, supporting highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines.
- Formulate and define information systems scope, and objectives based on a thorough understanding of the requirements of the specific business line.
- Participate in all phases of the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Act as a liaison between developers and business team members. Provide timely project status updates to the Project Manager; identifying/reporting project risks as early as possible and proactively mitigating project risks as identified.
- Provide expert knowledge of cross-functional and business processes.
- Work independently with little management direction and handle extremely complex problems.
- Collaborate as the business lead with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integrations, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance and availability and align with Scotia IT&S Technology roadmap.
What's in it for you?
- Strong experience in communicating effectively using clear and concise verbal, written, and presentation communication skills at senior management levels.
- 4+ years experience in discovering user needs, writing/splitting stories, estimating story points, analysis, planning, design, testing, committing to delivering in 2-week sprints.
- Demonstrated experience in writing both business and technical documentation, flow charts, design documents collaborating and sharing knowledge using wikis (SharePoint, Confluence, Office365).
- Strong experience in Capital Markets; Middle-Office (Operations). Knowledge of Confirmations and/or Reconciliation trade lifecycle an asset.
- 3+ years experience in technology supporting production information systems.
- 3+ years experience working on a technology/project/business team developing a product.
- A strong agile mindset implemented using scrum product development in TFS or JIRA. The right mindset is critical and will be tested.
- Proven experience with SQL (MS SQL, Oracle) data analysis, data modeling, data engineering.
- 1-3 years experience working with XML and JSON based datasets.
- Fast learner, accustomed to working in a start-up style, fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment. Will be tested.
- 1-3 years contributing, managing, or leading project scope, schedule, and cost.
- A recognized post-graduate or master's degree in business, computer science, finance, mathematics, CFA and/or FRM would be an asset.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Database, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering
Banking, Finance and Insurance