Requisition ID: 110198
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
Technical Business Analysis Specialist - Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS)
The Technical Business Analysis Specialist is responsible for providing application support and business analysis for Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS). This role requires an understanding of the financial services industry, with focus on Portfolio Management, Compliance and Securities Trading.
Areas of Business Analysis
- This role is primarily focused on supporting the delivered features and functionalities for our Asset Management line of business.
- •Hands-on configuration experience with CRIMS (v9.8 and above) is mandatory. The incumbent must have experience configuring and supporting solutions on CRIMS.
- •The incumbent must have knowledge of process flows for equities, fixed income, ETF, money market and derivative financial instruments, including market trading conventions and portfolio management.
- •Good to have knowledge on accounting methodologies and best practices, regulatory requirements, back office processes and the end-to-end workflows among the front, middle and back office.
- •Experience supporting other applications used in the asset management area is a plus (e.g. Simcorp Dimension, MPOWER, MCH, iFAST, Bloomberg, Market Trading Systems, CANDEAL, FIX).
Support CRIMS application, providing timely solutions to user requests and issues occurring inside the application environment.
Monitor the Investment Systems Support mailbox. Identify and document incidents and user requirements using Service Now.
Analyze user needs and identify business solutions, coordinating with CRIMS vendor when needed.
Implement configuration changes required in the application, following the enterprise delivery framework. Define procedures and workflows, develop implementation strategies, provide user documentation and user training.
Follow resiliency policies and procedures, including responses to automatic alerts, documenting problems and performing root cause analysis and solutioning.
Conduct research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users. This involves planning and scheduling tasks, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
Provide business support to all units Globally, including new and existing financial products and investment strategies.
Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the product (CRIMS) and the business line's strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, front, middle and back office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective support and services to the end user business lines.
- Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS)
- Highly skilled in making configuration/changes on CRIMS (v9.8 and above) to meet business requirements
- Sound understanding of applications landscape in Asset Management (CRIMS, Investment Accounting/Investment Book of Record, Client Book of Record, Matching and Settlement, file transfers, securities data, compliance, etc.)
- Expertise on batch jobs for Order Management Systems and identifying areas of improvements in overnight processes
- 7 - 10+ years of practical IT experience supporting applications for the relevant lines of business is highly desirable (Asset Management, Investment Accounting, Securities Trading, Portfolio Management, etc.)
- The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer engineering, business, Information sciences or other related field
- Industry recognized certifications/charters will be an asset (CBAP/CFA/CPA/FRM/etc.)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Equity, Management, Finance, Engineering
Management and Executive