Requisition ID: 107571
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
We are a Canadian Banking Technology Business Analysis team focused on proudly supporting all technology projects that are delivered to our Canadian Banking ScotiaLife Financial and Retail Branch business partners.
- We work closely with our Business Partners, Developers, Vendors and various partners within the Bank to ensure we deliver successful projects which align with the overall business strategies and roadmap ensuring the highest quality experience for the customer.
- Most projects in the Branch network include onboarding of new products and features on branch systems, platforms and tools and are related to 'how' the front line staff work day in and day out - from better servicing our customers, process flows, to reporting, to sales & productivity management etc.
- The group is a mix of generalist and specialist (SMEs) who deliver value by connecting the dots between business needs and the development teams who build the technology. We ensure end-to-end project delivery, write user stories, triage, manage stakeholders and connect related teams, assist with testing, steady state support models and with business case development.
The Technical Analyst Senior is responsible for the resolution of business and technology related problems for Credit Insurance and Branch Channel Business partners. The Technical Analyst is responsible for managing multiple small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to project members. The Technical Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements for the assigned Lines of Business. The Analyst is responsible for analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements and translating them into systems requirement specifications. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Understands Canadian Retail Banking from several points of view and aligns IT&S systems and processes to address critical information and automation requirements.
- Participates and assists the Senior Manager/Project Manager in the successful implementation of specific business line solutions for projects, supporting business applications with integration needs across multiple technology domains
- Formulates and defines requirements and information systems scope, and objectives based on a thorough understanding of the requirements and needs of the specific business line.
- Participates in all phases of the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Acts as a liaison between developers and business team members. Provides timely project status updates to the Project Manager; identifying/reporting project risks as early as possible and proactively mitigating project risks as identified.
- Provides expert knowledge of cross-functional and business processes, policies and systems and works to influence peers and senior management to adopt, implement and align.
- Provides support to Creditor Insurance and Branch Channel Business partners and lead the Requirements Analysis and Workflow Analysis.
What's in it for you?
- The incumbent must have strong knowledge of Canadian Retail Banking and processes and policies supporting Retail Branch Channel and Creditor Insurance
- The incumbent must have thorough knowledge of Scotiabank's technology supporting Retail Branch Channel and Creditor Insurance with thorough knowledge of the Term Lending Solution (TLS) system
- Strong ability to complete Requirements Analysis and Workflow Analysis
- Incumbent must be detail oriented, methodical and has ability to translate business ideas into automated solutions.
- The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate effective leadership skills, including the ability to assume end-to-end ownership of a project and responsibility for the related project deliverables. Must have ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
- Experience participating in projects using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank's Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards, creditor insurance and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our Branch Channel and Business Partners.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Information Systems, Business Analyst, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance