Requisition ID: 111603
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The team:
Employee IT Services (EITS) is the face of Scotiabank's Global Technology Services (GTS). We are the front line for employees seeking access to desktop, applications, resolving end user computing issues and fulfillment requests. EITS consistently delivers an excellent IT experience to Scotiabank Employees globally by providing easy to use, intuitive, reliable technology, along with best in class support anytime - anywhere.
Our Employee IT Advanced Support Services team specifically supports the bank. The role:
You are accountable for supplying the technical support and knowledge required for ongoing technical support and request fulfillment in support of our business partners, while ensuring service availability targets are met and/or exceeded.
Presently, members of our team rotate between remote & onsite support of our clients in the bank. When required, you will be available to perform on-call duties. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You thrive on managing customer issues, resolving them directly or engaging internal resources to do so.
- You have a passion to ensure that all tasks are completed within a timely manner and all tasks are being logged through our ticketing system.
- You are empathetic & can portray an accurate sense of urgency and professionalism when interacting with customers.
- You enjoy sharing information and collaborate with members of the team to find innovative solutions.
What's in it for you?
- You can demonstrate good verbal & written communication skills.
- You have at least 1 year of hands-on technical working experience in providing technical support and customer service.
- You can demonstrate your body of knowledge & work on all aspects of end-user computing.
- You have hands-on technical working experience with Windows based Operating Systems.
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of how to troubleshoot application issues.
- You have a solid track record when it comes to being very customer focused and having a good understanding of the needs of our customers.
- You also have working knowledge in the use of standard office productivity tools (i.e., Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel)
- You have completed a post-secondary education in Computer Science or a relevant field of study.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We provide employees with an environment that is safe, inclusive and reflective of all communities by promoting fair and equitable treatment and prioritizing unconscious bias and anti-racism training.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when it's safe to return, you can expect the following at the worksite in Scarborough:
- A design focused on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology
- An onsite cafeteria with nearby Tim Horton's kiosk, pool table, table soccer & TV lounge
- Lounges with televisions, table tennis/table soccer, fridges, microwaves & complimentary hot beverage stations
- It's minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. 2022 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with a stop in front of the worksite
- It's minutes from the 401 & the DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Computer Science, Healthcare, Finance, Technology