Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Credit Underwriting team reviews, analyses and approves credit applications to support various lines of business. We optimize credit opportunities for our customers by determining, structuring, packaging and authorizing credit facilities while adhering to credit risk policies and established guidelines. Our Credit Underwriters assess the credit status of customers, provide credit administrative and operational support and evaluate their financial portfolio while protecting the interest of the Bank. If you want to be a brand ambassador who can help strive efficiencies for the bank, then join our team and make an impactful contribution to TD and your own success.Job Description
Can you provide day-to-day team leadership and work direction related to credit underwriting, adjudication function and support to ensure effective and efficient operations, delivery of services and solutions in accordance with established service levels, quality standards, compliance and regulatory guidelines? Do you enjoy leading, mentoring and developing employees to achieve business results, strong credit acumen and professional and personal development objectives? If so, then we have a great opportunity for you as Team Manager II, Credit Underwriting
wherein you will:
- Foster positive partner relationships
- Forecast volumes, plan resource activities, monitor and control daily productivity, maintain work quality and timeliness, review performance outcomes against plan and build action plans.
- Coach to ensure customer problems are handled appropriately, and participate in the negotiation and resolution by utilizing the established problem resolution process
- Supervise day-to-day credit activities, balance workloads, ensure compliance to internal / external requirements and the achievement of service level standards and productivity targets
- Resolve raised matters and refer complex issues / situations beyond own level of expertise
- Ensure adherence to operating standards and credit / risk processes - perform quality checks and validation of work
- Provide people management leadership by hiring the best talent, setting goals, developing staff, handling employee performance and compensation decisions, promoting collaboration and handling any/all disciplinary actions, as required
- Lead a team and handle the most complex or diverse credit underwriting / adjudication - impacts a significant part of the organization and entails leading teams in completing multiple step transactions / processes / activities that may involve numerous systems and/or jurisdictions
- Maintain lending limits as defined by TD Bank's discretionary lending limit policy to support the review or decisioning of credit, as required
- Lead and support a high performing team; provide ongoing feedback and performance reviews, coach and develop employees and ensure performance management activities are undertaken and completed for all employees
- Contribute to the process of setting performance objectives for the team; track, monitor and effectively address and/or reward performance on time
- Handle employees in compliance with all human resources policies, procedures and guidelines of conduct
- Undergraduate degree with over 4 years of relevant work experience
- Sound understanding of problem solving techniques, effective questioning and conflict resolution
- Proficient knowledge of business operations standards, procedures, rules and regulations
- Hands on knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and Internet applications
- Skilled in working independently as well as part of a team with flexibility and take initiative on upcoming tasks and projects with medium to high business complexities
- Strong communication skills to interact with all levels of staff and convey business context clearly and effectively in a fast-changing environment
- An analytical mind with orientation to detail and strong judgement skills to maintain discretion in handling confidential information
Personal Banking Delivery Excellence ("PBDE") is committed to delivering digitally-enabled customer solutions, servicing and advice to improve the Customer, Colleague and Partner experience. Our teams will play a significant role in helping to shape the future of TD. We hold the key to differentiating our Personal Banking Customer's experience. Together, we are creating a customer-centric "one office" by focusing on our four strategic accountabilities: Being Customer Obsessed, Delivering a Renowned Colleague Experience, Simplifying and Innovating for Speed, an Unlocking Value on the End-to-End Customer Journey. The chosen candidate will have a tremendous opportunity to interact, collaborate and prioritize with our Partners across TD to shape the next five years of our journey.
The Unsecured Lending Group - is responsible for the adjudication of TD Credit Cards across Canada. Our vision is to deliver legendary customer service with emphasis on speed. How we execute against that vision is to leverage our credit expertise and efficiency to deliver fast, high quality service to our partners and customers.
This role is located in Ottawa, Ontario. Our mandate is to be the best Credit Team by delivering best in class service and advice while operating within the business' credit risk appetite and regulatory framework.
Additional Information About The Role:
Reporting to the Group Manager Unsecured Lending, you will provide day-to-day team leadership and work direction to ensure effective and efficient operation of the Unsecured Lending Group - TD Small Business Banking ("SBB") Credit Cards whose primary responsibility is to adjudicate SBB Credit Card applications. Additional responsibilities include leading, coaching and developing employees to achieve business results and professional/personal development objectives. You will lead a team of SBB Credit Analysts.
French / English bilingualism is preferred but not required;
This role requires the incumbent to be flexible to multiple shift priorities to align with business needs;
TD Business Banking and/or Business Credit underwriting experience is an asset;
Strong analytical and business skills, the ability to prioritize competing requests and multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment;
Excellent multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Operations and Logistics